Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

1 minute ago, JFP in PA said:

The IM Readiness sensors have not yet reset in the DME, and yes, you will probably fail emissions until they do reset.  You need to put some miles on the car to get everything to reset after repairs and code clearing, that is a trap the EPA built into the OBD II system to prevent people from clearing codes just before going for the emissions test.

Ok that’s what I thought. Thank you!

Ok so my CEL came on again today. I’ve been trying to get a long enough cycle on the car to pass emissions. I think this time it’s something different then the problems I had before replacing my AOS. Those errors seem to be fixed. Is this something as simple as replacing my O2 sensor. I replaced the secondary O2 sensors not too long ago. Are the O2 sensors the same for pre and post cat?  I’ve attached a image of what my Durametric showed. 

1F52124D-0845-41AD-B839-C988C888B058.jpeg

• Moderators

No, not all O2 sensors are necessarily the same; some have different length harness connected to them, others different connector plugs (rectangle vs. oval).

Both codes are ones you have gotten previously, P1119 is often a harness or electrical issue; diagnostics involve checking the heater resistance (ohmmeter between pins 1 & 2 should read 1.8 - 2.5 ohm) and pin 1 to the sensor housing should read infinite ohms.  If that is good, the next step is to chase the harness back to the DME for continuity or shorts.

• 2 weeks later...

So I ohmed out the O2 sensor on  pins 1 and 2 and got readings of 3.8 ohms. I got the same readings on both the pre cat sensors. Does that mean they are bad? I have some different codes today posted below. 

FCEFB0B5-4B9D-420C-A0D0-89676BE0DE88.jpeg

Edited by Flat6speed