Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2015 Cayenne turbo Can-BUS fault no communication between steering and computer.

Hello community, 

I am in desperate need of your collective experience with Porsche issues. The day after buying my dream car in the UK and driving it to the Canary Islands after about 800klms the car presented 4/5 errors on the dash and wouldn’t drive properly. Jump 8 months later and three mechanics (one being a Porsche centre) the issues haven’t been solved. 

below is what I got back from Porsche. 

I'm sorry to tell you that the Porsche dealership in Las Palmas has not been able to program the steering wheel unit either.
They tell me that there is a digital communication problem (CAN-bus) with this unit.
Today they have tried to see the origin of said communication problem and they have not discovered it yet

The authorization to locate the problem was given by me to confirm the diagnosis made by us.
Indeed, the steering wheel unit does not have communication with the rest of the car, hence the inability to code the new component (steering wheel electronics).

To solve the problem with your car you have to invest more hours of work and they can't tell me how many.

In this type of problem, the most logical protocol to follow is the one we have carried out.
1 locate the component without communication
2 locate that said component receives power and mass
3 code component with miscommunication
4 if it does not encode (which is what is happening) review digital communications (current diagnostic status)
5 check the wiring and all the components that share information on said digital bus (here is the problem)

The car is now with Valentin Porsche in Barcelona and they have had it for two weeks now and have only discovered water in the wheel well and have dried it out. They have asked if they should change the parts the other mechanics did already. The previous shops replaced changed the steering wheel electronics but were unable to code it. So they removed it. 

please if anyone can help with some advice. I begged my wife to buy this car and now we have this issue. 

thanks. All. 

hello, thanks for replying. They haven’t told me. I have requested them. Here is what I saw on the dashboard. 

m the current mech wants to change out the a steering mech. 

here are his last words. 

good morning 

Following the digital information wiring harness of the CAN-comfort and CAN-chassis system, the only thing we can see is that there is no continuity between the input and output connection pins of the unit where the steering angle sensor is. 
This unit is also the connection between the steering column and the steering wheel control unit.

Fault steering lock

all wheel drive system fault - drive on possible 

ABS/PSM failure

Parking brake fault

Chassis system fault 

mall wheel drive system overload rear wheels only