Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I haven't seen this discussed.

I have a 2004 Cayenne S with Navigation and a CD changer. Is there anyway to disconnect the CDC and put the Ipod inline ???. I would happily sacrifice the CDC to do this .

this is one of the most (MOST) discussed topics with a simple answer "NO". Vent your frustration to Porshe but they don't read this forum. Sometimes I wonder if they even know that computers and mp3 exist.

Called Dension a week ago, they said something is comming up in the next two months. but then again they said the same a year ago.

How does the CDC plug into the receiver ? Not something you can disconnect or jump into ??

this is one of the most (MOST) discussed topics with a simple answer "NO". Vent your frustration to Porshe but they don't read this forum. Sometimes I wonder if they even know that computers and mp3 exist.

Called Dension a week ago, they said something is comming up in the next two months. but then again they said the same a year ago.

Not that I've looked (because I haven't) but there's an "AV" button on the front panel that's currently disabled. That suggests to me that PCM2 may have analog inputs but I've no idea if this is the case and, even if it is, how you'd go about activating that button.

OK, as said earlier in this thread, it is one of the most discussed topics, and as Loren stated there is a wealth of fibre optics in the way which stops you connecting into the system.

For 2 yes two years manufacturers (various) have promised solutions without any delivering anything which would enable line level audio connection to the system.

You can feed video in, but even the high end custom shops use an FM Modulator to get the audio to work.

Do not dismiss this as it gives "near cd" quality. Now we are not talking about any of the FM transmitters here (iTrip etc), they do not give any real quality sound but the things they used to use to add a CDC to a head unit in the old days. It inserts a powerfull FM signal into the antenna line which gets rid of any unwanted interference from weak off air trans,issions.

I have 2 on my S with PCMII one for iPod and one for Sirius. I am very happy with both.

There are photos on my Rennlist Gallery.

iPod Install

iPod Mount

Mike (mikem@mss1.com)

Not that I've looked (because I haven't) but there's an "AV" button on the front panel that's currently disabled.  That suggests to me that PCM2 may have analog inputs but I've no idea if this is the case and, even if it is, how you'd go about activating that button.

Edited by mudman2