Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Inner Wheel Wells

Loren, or anyone. I have a 2000 C4. I noticed there is a dark, maybe plastic, wheel liner under the rear wheel wells. Can I remove this? I have a ding in the top fender from a fallen branch and I am going to get paintless dent removal guys to fix it, but I'm unsure how to access the body under there.

Sure, it will likely be easier to get at with the wheel off. Then just remove the plastic rivets and any screws. I would keep some extra rivets onhand as sometimes they break from age/weather, etc.

Haven't done this yet, but in looking at it I'm wondering. Do you think I'll be able to access the sheet metal over the wheel well from underneath? Hmmm looks like it might not be accessable. I'm wondering if that is a plastic piece that goes right around the wheel well or not. There is some plastic there for sure. Do you know if you can access the wheel well from the inside of the car if I take the inside panel off?

You should be able to pull the speaker out and access the fender space. They'll have to pull some padding to the side to get in the space but its there. If that isn't enough room, its fairly easy to pull the side panel off and enter the open space.

• 1 month later...

I was fortunate as the guy I use to remove dents did an excellent job on my rear quater panel. What looked like a branch ding, ended up bing a palm imprint. For those that need to know, you can access the inner wheel wells by simply removing a 1 1/2" plug in the wheel well and presto you can get to the body.