Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Michelin Pilot Sport II Availability

clord

• Moderators

PAG has worked with Michelin and Pirelli to produce new versions of tires specifically for the new GT3. The new P Zero Rosso will not be available until late July, so all GT3s produced so far will come with the Michelin Pilot Sport II. According to TireRack, that tire is not yet available in the US.

Gert Carnewal can get the new Michelins in 1 to 2 days and ship to the US at the following prices:

The price for a set of tires :

2x Michelin Pilot Sport II 235/40-18 N2

2x Michelin Pilot Sport II 295/30-18 N2

is 1450 Euro shipping to the US included.

The Michelin folks I talked to at Parade were pretty confident they would be the only OEM tire on the GT3 for several more months so the July date for Pirellis may not be current. They also suggested that rather than immediately buying a set of the Pilot Sport Cups I do a few events on the Sport IIs so I'd have a better appreciation for the PSCs. Kinda nice when a company's reps want you appreciate their product rather than just make a quick sale.

• 2 weeks later...

It is my understanding that the new Michelin Pilot Sport 2 was under development when the 2003/2004 GT3 was conceived. This tire will be made in a variety of sizes and will eventually replace the existing Pilot Sport. At this time, however, it is only being installed on the GT3 and the Carrera GT. Will likely make its way on other Porsche models in the near future.

As to the Pirelli, I don't know about a new Rosso but Porsche has tested the Corsa and the Corsa Asimmetrico on the GT3RS. I am not sure if it will be available as an OEM tire, however.

"...This tire will be made in a variety of sizes and will eventually replace the existing Pilot Sport ..."

That is correct.

Here in Europe the Pilot Sports are no longer available (unless from stock). You can only get the Pilot Sport 2.

I recently damaged a Pilot Sport on my VW-van and I had a hard time to find 2 replacement tires.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I just spoke with Michelin Consumer Relations about the current (un)availablity of the Pilot Sport II N2 tires for the GT3. I told them that TireRack has been unable to order the tires and that I was concerned about potential replacements since GT3s are now on US highways. Michelin says that they do have "some" Pilot Sport II N2s at their warehouse on "Consumer Relations Hold". They explained that, given the limited availability of the new tires, they hold available stock for specific customer needs, but, as yet, do not allow retailers to order in batches for their own stock. Bottom line, if you need a replacement Pilot Sport II N2 for your GT3 and you or your dealer can't get them from TireRack, call Michelin Consumer Relations at 800.847.3435. This will change as Michelin stocks increase.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Larry at TireRack now confirms that the Michelin Pilot Sport IIs N2 for the new GT3 are now in stock in 235/40-18 and 295-30-18. Note that the rear tire as supplied from Porsche/Michelin is an "XL", or extra load rated tire. The load rating for the 295 is "98" which is quite a bit more than the 93 we see on the next smaller size for the Carerra....the typical 285/30 has a load rating of 93.