Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

where would you mount an A/F and EGT sensor on a 3.6 motor?

i recently supercharged my 3.6 996. i'm installing a zeitronix monitoring system (boost, voltage, AF, EGT, Lamda, etc). you can check it out at www. zeitronix.com

however, i'm only running one probe for both EGT and AF. i know it would be optimal to have an EGT and AF probe on each cylinder bank, but this monitoring system is not equipped for multiple sensors. it doesn't help any either that the two cylinder banks on the 996 exhaust system never meet. that would have been too easy :)

so, is there a bank that runs either hotter or leaner than the other. i figure if i monitor the worst case scenario (leanest/hottest cylinder bank) i would be in good shape.

also, where would you mount the AF and EGT sensor bungs for optimal readings?

thanks.

on a side note, recently dynoed the car and put down 402 RWHP and 310 foot pounds, uncorrected. not too shabby if i do say so myself :)

i recently supercharged my 3.6 996. i'm installing a zeitronix monitoring system (boost, voltage, AF, EGT, Lamda, etc). you can check it out at www. zeitronix.com

however, i'm only running one probe for both EGT and AF. i know it would be optimal to have an EGT and AF probe on each cylinder bank, but this monitoring system is not equipped for multiple sensors. it doesn't help any either that the two cylinder banks on the 996 exhaust system never meet. that would have been too easy :)

so, is there a bank that runs either hotter or leaner than the other. i figure if i monitor the worst case scenario (leanest/hottest cylinder bank) i would be in good shape.

also, where would you mount the AF and EGT sensor bungs for optimal readings?

thanks.

on a side note, recently dynoed the car and put down 402 RWHP and 310 foot pounds, uncorrected. not too shabby if i do say so myself :)

anybody? Loren???

i'm more concered with if either cyclinder bank runs hotter or leaner than the other. this is a generic product and the mafuf. doens't have specific information for a pcar application. i only have one AF sensor and one EGT sensor, so I have to decide which cylinder bank to monitor.

i'm more concered with if either cyclinder bank runs hotter or leaner than the other. this is a generic product and the mafuf. doens't have specific information for a pcar application. i only have one AF sensor and one EGT sensor, so I have to decide which cylinder bank to monitor.

What you need are two monitors, one for each bank. Since you don't have that, I'd probably suggest doing the EGT in one bank and the A/F in the other. Not great but at least that way you have some idea of what is going on in both banks. I'd also suggest you get yourself to a dyno with loading capability (i.e. a Mustang, not a Dynojet) and use a wideband O2 sensor on both sides to make sure tuning is correct.

Finally, as to placement, optimally, you would use as many sample points as possible. Since you can't I'd suggest researching which cylinder runs hottest/leanest and use it as a starting point (e.g. certain cars are notorious for lean run in certain cylinders such as the Miatas with forced induction typically run lean in the #4 cylinder due to poor cylinder head cooling of #4 )

Just my thoughts. Any ideas from your s/c installer?

Oops, just realized your question was which cylinder runs lean. Someone has got to have that information.

In the Miatas mentioned above, #4 runs hot because it is at the end of the coolant flow through the head on a head / engine designed for a transverse mount that has been turned 90 degrees to mount longitudinally. Maybe examination of the coolant flow pattern on the 3.6 would help.