Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Last week I traded my 993 Cab for a 2002 with just over 8k miles. Great car.

Unfortunately I took it through a touchless car wash and it leaked like crazy where the a-pillar, window and top meet. We're talking gallons. I was soaked and actually pulled off my shirt to mop up the water on the seats. Any ideas?

Jim

Unfortunately I took it through a touchless car wash and it leaked like crazy where the a-pillar, window and top meet. We're talking gallons. I was soaked and actually pulled off my shirt to mop up the water on the seats. Any ideas?

Jim

You might want to post a couple of pics- sounds like you could be missing some weatherstripping...

I think you MUST be missing some seal or something. While I've never taken my Cab through a car wash, I've been in some gully-washing (southern term) rains .... as late as this morning, with no sign of a drop making it past the door sills even though the wipers could hardly keep up. Had kids in all 3 seats. I'm SURE they would have let out a yell if water was coming in anywhere.

Kim

2000 Cab

Jim

Start by 're-setting' the top limet of the window travel.

Run the windows all the way down..........holding buttons in for complete travel........release.........then push both in again for complete travel all the way up.......hold em there a sec......release.

Next..........when you are about to enter wash, have 2 small towels handy......don't push out on window, just up into seal to catch any leak at source.

Dlr can also fine-tune window angle and limet........she should not leak (alot).

Funny story..........986s used to have an erratic problem in that dept (windows actually went down without warning for no apparent reason)........my wife's car had developed the problem (but she had neglected to inform me before I took it for a quick rinse & drove it through a touchless).......pretty exiting.....lets just say, I needed more than a couple towels......and I had a 'discussion' with my wife upon my return. :D

Hope you enjoy your new cab Jim !

Thanks for the help guys. I opened the top and looked over the seals and, like everything else on the car, they looks brand new. I'll give Gregg's trick a try.

Thaks again,

Jim

Jim,

I did the same thing in my Cabrio when I got it. The kids where in the car so they thought it was funny that it rained inside Daddy's car. The pressure of the touchless was too much. Then............ I read the owners manual, where I learned that you are NOT supposed to take it to any automatic car wash. I have stayed away since.

Also have been caught in torrential windy downpours, raining sideways, and no leaks. But the car wash will do it to the convertible. Just my 2 cents

Izzy