Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

ROW Suspension for 996 TT - Need help.

Loren and others:

I found and purchased a slightly used 996 Turbo Euro Sport Suspension Package (not the X74 package) delivered by Carnewal last year to a fellow PCA member. I am installing it on my '03 TT.

I have several questions:

1) Is the 996 Turbo Euro Sport Suspension Package Carnewal sells different than what is standard on ROW 996 TTs?

2) To your collective knowledge, has Porsche 'materially' changed the US or ROW 996 TT suspension set-up from MY02 to MY03?

3) Does ROW 996 TT cars use different sized sway bars compared to US TT cars?

4) The parts did not come w/ F/R bump stops. Can you provide me with the part numbers for bump stops used on 996 Turbo Euro Sport Suspension Package.

5) I found another post here re: a NA 996 030 query and there was a discussion on 'compensation spacers'. Is this an issue for my car? Carnewal's package does not include any spacers and only comes with the shocks and springs....

6) Finally, what are the spring/shock part numbers and/or color codes I should expect to see on the ROW TT shocks and springs?

Lots of questions. Sorry - Thanks in advance. :)

Jeff

'03TT

• Admin
1) Is the 996 Turbo Euro Sport Suspension Package Carnewal sells different than what is standard on ROW 996 TTs?
I doubt it - Gert sells primarily Porsche parts. You will need to email Gert for exact part numbers as I do not know the part numbers in his package.

2) To your collective knowledge, has Porsche 'materially' changed the US or ROW 996 TT suspension set-up from MY02 to MY03?
Everything in the front is the same for MY02 and MY03 unless you have the X73 package. In the rear everything is the same for MY02 and My03 (again unless you have the X73 package) -- as long as you are putting a 6 speed rear springs on a 6 speed and not a Tiptronic (or visa versa).

3) Does ROW 996 TT cars use different sized sway bars compared to US TT cars?
No, they are the same part numbers.

4) The parts did not come w/ F/R bump stops. Can you provide me with the part numbers for bump stops used on 996 Turbo Euro Sport Suspension Package.
Front bump stop is 996 343 301 02 - same as US version. Rear bump stop is 996 333 105 03 - same as US version.

5) I found another post here re: a NA 996 030 query and there was a discussion on 'compensation spacers'. Is this an issue for my car? Carnewal's package does not include any spacers and only comes with the shocks and springs....
The compensating spacers are based on the tolerance color code on your springs (this is a separate code from the version color stripes). For the RoW TT rear springs there is a 0.4 mm spacer (996 333 511 03) or 0.5 mm spacer (996 333 511 02). For the front there is a 3.0 mm spacer (996 343 525 00) or a 6.5 mm spacer (996 343 525 01).

6) Finally, what are the spring/shock part numbers and/or color codes I should expect to see on the ROW TT shocks and springs?
Front Springs are gold/white. Rear springs are gold/white for 6 speed and gold/red for Tiptronic. I do not have shock color codes.

Loren:

Thanks for your prompt response. I am a bit confused about the compensation spacers. You state:

"The compensating spacers are based on the tolerance color code on your springs (this is a separate code from the version color stripes). For the RoW TT rear springs there is a 0.4 mm spacer (996 333 511 03) or 0.5 mm spacer (996 333 511 02). For the front there is a 3.0 mm spacer (996 343 525 00) or a 6.5 mm spacer (996 343 525 01)"

My questions are:

1) How do I know which spacers to use for my application?

2) How do I determine tolerance codes?

3) Can the spacers form my std. US suspension be retrofitted for use with the ROW sport chassis?

Tx. in advance. Very useful information.

Jeff

;)

• Admin
1) How do I know which spacers to use for my application?

2) How do I determine tolerance codes?

3) Can the spacers form my std. US suspension be retrofitted for use with the ROW sport chassis?

You will need to look at the color code on the new springs. If it is the same as the old springs then you do not need any spacer change (they are the same tolerance). If they are different then you will need to measure the thickness of the spacer as you will need the other one (since there are only two sizes). The TT Service Manual has the color codes but I do not have TT Service Manual. The spacers are the same regardless of US. RoW, or even X73.