Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cautionary warning & heads up for Cab owners

• 2 years later...

996 turbo cab drains

Remove the rear speakers and you can access the storm drains in the rear, used a pvc house to blow them out gently with compressed air. Blew out a big snot on the garage floor of pollen and dust that was clogging them.

Really surprising hiw mich stuff had built up.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

This is a pretty old string, but I spent some time today cleaning the drains on my 997.1 C2 (which is quickly approaching 100 K), so I want to share what I learned.  I has been at least two years since I last took off the wheel well liner.  One side was pretty clean, and the other side had gunk up to the lip of the recess (about 1 inch).  I wanted to check to make sure that it drained out of the flapper outlet, so I poured about a quart of water into the back drain holes under the convertible top cover after partially opening it up.  No water came out of the drain in the rear tire well, but it did drain some near the front wheel.  So, I was concerned that the drain to the rear flapper outlet was clogged.  I then decided to look at the hopper by the rear seat (Part no. 996-561-805-03 - so it is the same as on the 996) which is called the rear drip pan.  It was easy for me to access since I have the Bose rear speaker, which is easily removed by popping off the cover and taking off the speaker with one torx screw.  There is a black accordion hose about 3/4 in. dia. leading into the drip pan.  When I poured water into the rear drain, no water came out of this hose.  I know it is not blocked because I was able to blow on it and had no resistance.  So I manually poured water into the drip pan, which immediately came out the rear flapper outlet.  So I know that line is clear.  What I don't know is where water is supposed to enter the other end of the black accordion hose.  The parts catalog shows another drip pan (997-504-967-00) with has hose attached that could be the black accordion hose.  However, I can't tell from the drawing exactly where that drip pan is located.  Any ideas?

• 6 months later...

Make sure your plastic drain tubes are connected to the drain hole on the rear cab.  After cleaning mine still got water in the car. I found the other (high) end of the corrugated plastic tube that empties into the tray was not connected so the drain water just went into the rear seat under the carpet!

• 4 years later...

Sorry for resurrection of such an old thread but has there ever been an answer to patent-guy’s question?

I'm in the same situation.  I’ve replaced the corrugated tube into the catch tray.  Blown through it and it’s completely clear.  If I pour water directly into the tray from the speaker hole, it runs out the valve at the front of the wheel well as it’s supposed to.  However, if I pour water into the drain holes at roof, no water appears in the tray and water runs out the rocker panel in front of the rear wheel.  I know the line (corrugated one) to the spigot on the chassis is 100% attached.

How is the water not getting to the tray?