Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

:jump:

After installing the DMS software in my ECU the Lag is GONE!

I test drove the TT-S this past Wednesday, and I am driving a far superior car today!

It is not that I can not afford to buy one TT-S, I just do not see the need anymore.

Granted that I just had my car back for a couple of hours, and I do not know how the fuel consumption did if any get affected, but man I almost hit the car in front on the first red light.

It is a real eye opener! how easy I got used to the “LAG”. It is not just the lag, it is everything else between 1700-2000rpm and up.

Why is it that Porsche did not do this from the very beginning?

Why make its customers put up with substandard and dangerous engine mappings?

I have seen the light, and I never go back to any other company to “fix” my car, techart, ruf, gemballa I tested them all. They all got the chance to do it right and did not.

The closest thing would be 9ff but then why settle for them when you have DMS.

Again I have no bias but the product itself. I have spent at least well over $10k trying them all.

Thanks Phil and Robert I just hope that the car is as good as today in the heat ;)

Peanuts,

Who is DMS? And would they have anything that would help the LAG in my V6?

Aaron

:jump:

After installing the DMS software in my ECU the Lag is GONE!

I test drove the TT-S this past Wednesday, and I am driving a far superior car today!

It is not that I can not afford to buy one TT-S, I just do not see the need anymore.

Granted that I just had my car back for a couple of hours, and I do not know how the fuel consumption did if any get affected, but man I almost hit the car in front on the first red light.

It is a real eye opener! how easy I got used to the “LAG”. It is not just the lag, it is everything else between 1700-2000rpm and up.

Why is it that Porsche did not do this from the very beginning?

Why make its customers put up with substandard and dangerous engine mappings?

I have seen the light, and I never go back to any other company to “fix” my car, techart, ruf, gemballa I tested them all. They all got the chance to do it right and did not.

The closest thing would be 9ff but then why settle for them when you have DMS.

Again I have no bias but the product itself. I have spent at least well over $10k trying them all.

Thanks Phil and Robert I just hope that the car is as good as today in the heat ;)

DMS is a small tunner from England.

http://www.dmsautomotive.com/index.asp?upid=18&msid=3

I asked arround, and did not get people to answer but those who did were very happy customers.

As i said before i have tried many of the most recognized tunners but i have not been happy at all.

specially with ruf, almost $18k for nothing but arrogant service from them.

these guys at DMS are something else, I called England and talked to Robert, and he sounded like an honest man, then I called on the rep here in the USA (Phil) and he was also very straght and nice. he had some few other customers on the west coast so he flew to in and we did the upgrade here.

I do not know what Robert can do for your V6 but you loose nothing by calling Phil and asking (1 630 936 2767).

I know of other people in these forums that do get kickbacks from their reviews, I do not and will nerver ask for a discount from these guys they JUST delivered more than what I was expecting.

the one thing I was just made aware from an older customer is that the fuel consumption goes up about (10%) as it does the oil. but we will see.

In the meantime PORSCHE will have to come up with something MUCH better than the TT S. You would have to pay me for the DMS upgrade for me to get one when Robert has one :clapping:

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO OR GAIN WITH THESE GUYS. I am just a happy client.

Edited by Peanuts

• 3 weeks later...
DMS is a small tunner from England.

http://www.dmsautomotive.com/index.asp?upid=18&msid=3

I asked arround, and did not get people to answer but those who did were very happy customers.

As i said before i have tried many of the most recognized tunners but i have not been happy at all.

specially with ruf, almost $18k for nothing but arrogant service from them.

these guys at DMS are something else, I called England and talked to Robert, and he sounded like an honest man, then I called on the rep here in the USA (Phil) and he was also very straght and nice. he had some few other customers on the west coast so he flew to in and we did the upgrade here.

I do not know what Robert can do for your V6 but you loose nothing by calling Phil and asking (1 630 936 2767).

I know of other people in these forums that do get kickbacks from their reviews, I do not and will nerver ask for a discount from these guys they JUST delivered more than what I was expecting.

the one thing I was just made aware from an older customer is that the fuel consumption goes up about (10%) as it does the oil. but we will see.

In the meantime PORSCHE will have to come up with something MUCH better than the TT S. You would have to pay me for the DMS upgrade for me to get one when Robert has one :clapping:

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO OR GAIN WITH THESE GUYS. I am just a happy client.

So do they flash the ECU? Do they even have comparable ECU's given that they are in England? I'm just wondering since we live in Sacramento CA.

What was the cost for the service?

Thanks for any info

Ken

'04 TT

RE DMS:

I have had some email correspondence with them (not all were answered) and a personal phone call with Phil -- I still know next to nothing about how their tune modifies what parameters. I am waiting for a call from "Robert" who supposedly knows at least some detail about what they are selling.

I must say, so far, the only information I have received from DMS about their product, after considerable effort on my part, is "Software Upgrade makes car go fast, easy install, no problems -- $4000".

I am hoping for a little more substance at some point in the near future -- especially for totally unprecidented cost (in my experience) of over $4000! I ceratinly hope to hear something more than a couple/few pounds of manifold pressure!

There's my DMS experience so far, somewhat less than impressive. However, the jury is still out. Maybe this will help flush out some detail? It just bothers me when I have to work this hard as a "customer".

Just a sober note before we all blow it.

Porsche Lawyers Interrogatories in any warranty/lemon issue are VERY specific about engine DME changes.

Edited by mudman2

CTS did get back to me with some better information. As hoped, there's a significant amount of claimed sophistication in the tune -- boost, timing, variable cams, throttle response time, plus. They said most of the gains are achieved via cam adjustments. They said the ttS will reach 550hp/575trq (30/45 improvement) -- not quite the same impact of the tt tune.

They claim to have done 4 ttS's with customer satisfaction. I asked for dyno charts of the before and after, but they said their customer had them and they would track it down and forward it to me. (It's good to keep copies of stuff like that when selling). He also said they were having a 4wd dyno installed imminently. This should be very helpful for their efforts.

He also said that fuel quality had a significant impact on performance with this car and the tune.

Just closing the loop (no pun intended). Thx