Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

What are the 17mm Wheel Spacers option for in the Cayenne?

Are they required to fit 19" or 20" wheels on the Cayenne or is it just to widen the track/improve appearance?

Just for widen tha rear track/improving the appearance. Can not be used together with all types of wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

Are they required to fit 19" or 20" wheels on the Cayenne or is it just to widen the track/improve appearance?

Just for widen tha rear track/improving the appearance. Can not be used together with all types of wheels.

Just had them installed for all four 20" Sport Technos on 05 Cayenne TT. Appearance is much more aggressive and makes the wheels look absolutely perfect....not sure why this does not come standard since it's such an inexpensive part.

Just had them installed for all four 20" Sport Technos on 05 Cayenne TT. Appearance is much more aggressive and makes the wheels look absolutely perfect....not sure why this does not come standard since it's such an inexpensive part.

My dealer mentioned that Porsche recommends that the spacers were not to be used with the Technos. I'm sure it pushes the wheels out toward the body edge too much for Porsche's comfort.

I personally like the stuffed look.

Here's a pic of my '05 CS with Victor LeMans wheels.

post-9219-1148942601_thumb.jpg

My dealer mentioned that Porsche recommends that the spacers were not to be used with the Technos. I'm sure it pushes the wheels out toward the body edge too much for Porsche's comfort.

I personally like the stuffed look.

Here's a pic of my '05 CS with Victor LeMans wheels.

Actually, the spacers are not recommended for the new Technos that are staggered....I believe the new Technos on the new TT S has the staggered versions with the back wheels being slightly wider. If your Technos are the same all around, then the spacers are fine. I'll try to post some pics shortly.

Here are the pics of my 05 TT with the 17mm spacers.

I don't have pics on this machine, but it appears the offset looks like my Victor wheels that are

20x10 with a 50mm offset

What is the offset of your Sport Technos? Are they 9" wide?

Good looking ride!

Here are the pics of my 05 TT with the 17mm spacers.

I don't have pics on this machine, but it appears the offset looks like my Victor wheels that are

20x10 with a 50mm offset

What is the offset of your Sport Technos? Are they 9" wide?

Good looking ride!

Thanks! Not sure on the offset but I believe they are 20x9 all around. I was originally unhappy with the look of the stock sport technos but spacers help give it more of an aggressive look. Would have liked to have gone with 22" in either Champion or Techart but this will do for now. Other mods were tubi exhaust, rocker panels, roof rails, and V1 hardwire.

The offset is stamped next to the valve stem on the wheels.

You will see a -9- on one side and another number on the other side.

The 9 is wheel width and the second number is offset.

Here's a chart showing the Back Spacing (BS) vs. Front Spacing (FS) for various widths and offset (ET)

W ET BS FS

9 60 6.86 2.14 <<--- = Stock 20x9

9 43 6.19 2.81 <<--- = Stock 20x9 w/17mm spacer

10 50 6.97 3.03 <<--- = TSW 20x10

9.5 52 6.80 2.70 <<--- = OZ 20x9.5

As you can see the TSW's actually stick out farther than the stock wheels with the 17mm spacer (3.03 vs. 2.81)

Here's a chart showing the Back Spacing (BS) vs. Front Spacing (FS) for various widths and offset (ET)

W ET BS FS

As you can see the TSW's actually stick out farther than the stock wheels with the 17mm spacer (3.03 vs. 2.81)

Good info, Thanks!

Here's a profile pics of my ride:

post-9219-1149271550_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scott C

W ET BS FS

Good info, Thanks!

Here's a profile pics of my ride:

Looks great. I have to admit I don't see much of a difference in the offset but wow, I sure wish I had the wider 10s. Oh well, some day I will change to 22X10s but I think I'm about done with the upgrades for now.

• 1 year later...

Ok guys. I just tried to install the Porsche OEM 17mm spacers on my 04 Turbo with the 20" Techno wheels. The factory wheel bolts that held the wheels and now hold the spacers will not fit into the holes on the back of the wheels. The wheel won't seat on the face of the spacers. The bolts do look like they have extra thick washers. Do I need other wheel bolts? Does Porsche put those bolts on to keep people from using the spacers on the 20" Techno wheels?

I see that someone else has the same exact wheels as me (20" Techequipment Wheels). Any suggestions?

matt

I think I found my problem. My Techno 20" wheels are replicas and not OEM. Does anyone have any suggestions for a wheel bolt that has a shorter washer? Is there one availabe? I just need for the bolts to stick out from the face of the spacer about 5mm less.