Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi all,

I recently acquired my first Porsche:

10/2002

C4

Cabriolet

6 speed

25,000km

LHD from Germany.

I received the car 3 weeks ago in perfect condition with the full servicing done late January 2006. At that time, when I was starting the car, the oil level would show full level on the board computer, and oil pressure would be around 3.5 bar at 3,000 rpm :D .

One week ago, I took the car to go for a 3,000km tour around France. Everything was fine.

But last week-end :( , when I started the engine the board computer shows the minimum level of oil in the engine, and oil pressure is now around 4.5 bar at 3,000 rpm (even near 5 at high rpms :eek: ).

I was wondering if I should put back some oil in the engine (if yes, please advise me for what you would use), and if this is normal to consume that much oil for 3,000 km?

Also, after having spent some time in the RennTech forum, I was also worried for RMS issues, but there is absolutely no traces of oil leakage on the ground when I move the car.

Thanks for your help.

JC

Congrats, sounds like a great machine, I am biased to cabrios, living in the Southern US.

The oil level, if the car is not on a level surface, the dash will show the wrong level. Do not add oil, measure only on a level surface, and use the dipstick as the real measurement. The dash I would consider secondary.

Congrats, sounds like a great machine, I am biased to cabrios, living in the Southern US.

The oil level, if the car is not on a level surface, the dash will show the wrong level. Do not add oil, measure only on a level surface, and use the dipstick as the real measurement. The dash I would consider secondary.

Thanks.

I will look at it tonight. Also, do you any clue as to the normal pressure level of the engine?

JC

Thanks.

I will look at it tonight. Also, do you any clue as to the normal pressure level of the engine?

JC

Oil Pressure:

Cold engine, all speeds - 5 bar

Warm engine, idle - 1.5 to 2 bar

Warm engine, above 3000 rpm - 4 bar+

Thanks.

JC

Oil Pressure:

Cold engine, all speeds - 5 bar

Warm engine, idle - 1.5 to 2 bar

Warm engine, above 3000 rpm - 4 bar+

Thanks for your help guys.