Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Pic of a C2 with AeroKit II Side Skirts only?

Gang,

I'm half-heartedly looking into the Aerokit II Side Skirts for my Guards Red 996. Not really looking at the new bumper and wing at this time.

Does anyone have a pic of a C2 with only the Side Skirts? Does anyone know how they install as far as drilling holes, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

-Charles

Attached is a bad photo of my car after I put only the side skirts (I) on. It helps a lot, the car looks a little thin in the middle without them. The thing I noticed after that was how short (height) the front bumper is compared to the aerokit front bumpers (I & II). I plan to do the whole kit as the mod budget allows.

Install was pretty easy, I used 3M double sided adhesive tape on the top and the supplied hardware for the bottom which is a really cool set of snap on brackets that hold the torx bolts. There is a little fidgeting around to get the brackets to line up with the holes in the skirt, but there is no real "gotcha" on this project.

The tape will grab better in warm weather, I put mine on in February and even here in socal, ended up using a hair dryer to heat it up. The tape is 3M #06383, I read somewhere that people had used this with good results to re-attach the top edge of the skirts that had come loose on factory installed kits.

post-7518-1149989068_thumb.jpg

Edited by eurotrashed

Gang,

I'm half-heartedly looking into the Aerokit II Side Skirts for my Guards Red 996. Not really looking at the new bumper and wing at this time.

Does anyone have a pic of a C2 with only the Side Skirts? Does anyone know how they install as far as drilling holes, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

-Charles

Mine - you'll need to cover the rear spoiler with your hand !

David

2002 C2

post-598-1150107945_thumb.jpg

Hey David,

That's pretty much what I was looking for. I really like the side skirts but I'm not interested in the whole AeroKit. The C2 already has a clean and classic look.

Here's my 996. I think the Side Skirts would look really nice here.

6550.jpg

-Charles

Gang,

Thanks in advance!

-Charles

Mine - you'll need to cover the rear spoiler with your hand !

David

2002 C2

post-598-1150107945_thumb.jpg

Nice car;

I think the side skirts would look good.

The only thing that can look a little 'out' is the fact that the side skirt line should continue to the front PU; the only way to do this is to add the GT3 mk2 (Aerokit cup II) front PU.

Otherwise, it does look a little high at the front.

Another pic of mine (with me driving around Brands Hatch race track)

David

post-598-1150209505_thumb.jpg

Charles,

I don't think they are going to look that good on a red car without the GT3 bumper or a front spoiler. The problem is that they make the sides look low and the front look high. Part of this is due to the lower front trim being black. I have seen them as a standalone option on a black car and they look really good because they blend in so well. I would suggest alternatively spending the money on the suspension where lowering the car will give it a more aggressive look and an improvement in handling at the same time. My .02.