Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

We are having acceleration problems with 2006 Cayenne S. Press on the accelerator and absolutely nothing happens! After being told by the dealer that nothing is wrong 2 times already in the last 3 months, , we had a close call with a Mack truck this weekend. Car was stopped and when tried to accelerate, there was nothing! Tried again, nothing. The third time, pressed pedal all the way to floor and car shot off across road. problem is intermittent: both starting from a stop and accelerating to enter freeway, make a lane change etc. Any suggestions? Dealer said nothing was wrong again today and that I must be trying to accelerate while I have my foot on the brake. Huh???

Ahh! the joys of e-gas. Possibly a loose wire connection or faulty relay casuing this. I would contact dealer again and insist he look into it, as this is definately a serious safety concern. Not to rub it in but I'm glad my '99 Carrera has a mechanical cable link between the gas pedal and the throttle body.

Welcome to Renntech, stompermom.

It's been a while and you got only one response so far so I thought I'd try to help. Sorry I don't have the answer but I suggest that you search the Cayenne forum at Rennlist (http://forums.rennlist.com/) because this issue has been discussed quite a bit there.

However, most of the problems reported were associated with pre-2006 models. I don't recall any MY2006 owners reporting this problem yet (knock on wood).

Solutions ranged from getting a software update to replacement of the transmission control module to driving it hard to force the computer to relearn your driving style.

Good luck and let us know how it is eventually solved.

We are having acceleration problems with 2006 Cayenne S. Press on the accelerator and absolutely nothing happens! After being told by the dealer that nothing is wrong 2 times already in the last 3 months, , we had a close call with a Mack truck this weekend. Car was stopped and when tried to accelerate, there was nothing! Tried again, nothing. The third time, pressed pedal all the way to floor and car shot off across road. problem is intermittent: both starting from a stop and accelerating to enter freeway, make a lane change etc. Any suggestions? Dealer said nothing was wrong again today and that I must be trying to accelerate while I have my foot on the brake. Huh???

Find another dealer if you can for another opinion...I just took my 05 V6 in for service and inquired about the lack of punch from a stop in my year model. They were upfront with me and I was told they could remap the tranny but it would probably revert back to its current state...Why? Because of my driving habits.

Now that being said, I got an 06 base as a loaner...GREAT throttle response...I thought it had more horses, but Porsche said the 06's throttles were improved...this puppy was as peppy as a C-S... :thumbup:

Edited by CJack

Porsche sent out a tech from Georgia. he installed a software update and we believe that the problem is now fixed.

I must say that the website and forum was a tremendous help. only after I produced page after page of owners with the same problem from all over the country, did the dealer finally admitted that the delay was a continuing issue. He then followed through with getting it fixed.

Porsche sent out a tech from Georgia. he installed a software update and we believe that the problem is now fixed.

I must say that the website and forum was a tremendous help. only after I produced page after page of owners with the same problem from all over the country, did the dealer finally admitted that the delay was a continuing issue. He then followed through with getting it fixed.

Glad to hear you got it fixed...SAD to hear one has to go to that kind of length to ensure it gets fixed. What happened to.."WE accept responsibility"? :angry:

Keep us informed if it reverts back.