Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PCM Problem - Help!

I have just installed the OEM Porsche PCM Kit into my 2004S Boxster S and tried to have the system intialised at an OPC. I now have the following issues:

1. The GPS locks on and I get 3D-GPS indicated it reads the map but cannot work a route. The guy at the OPC says the is a problem with the CAN line. I see the symtoms as no trip data (fuel consumption etc is fed to the PCM). The OS is version 3 I have the latest maps but no joy. I do not have the OBC stalk fitted to the car though. Is there something he is missing as I thought you didn't need the OBC to use the PCM.

2. The audio configuration shows front speakers only ie balance onlyand no fader. I have rear speakers fitted. The technical can't find anywhere to let the system know I have the rear speakers fitted.

Can you help guys?? :(

Edited by Nick_USA

• Admin

Did they activate navigation in the instrument cluster?

Did you get the right fiber optic cables for your cars previous configuration?

For the speakers they must not have tested the MOST configuration or they would have noticed the rear speakers were missing?

Sounds like they need to walk back through all of the MOST devices.

Did they activate navigation in the instrument cluster?

Did you get the right fiber optic cables for your cars previous configuration?

For the speakers they must not have tested the MOST configuration or they would have noticed the rear speakers were missing?

Sounds like they need to walk back through all of the MOST devices.

Does the activation of NAV in the the instrument cluster require the use of the 986320 code? (I do not have the trip hack fitted to this car yet)

The fiber optic cables were the same ones from the cdr-23

I'm not sure as to the rear speakers but I will print this and any other post.

My only other thought does the trip computer functionality have to be enabled?

Edited by Nick_USA

• Admin

You can't code/change anything unless the model code is the DME.

You need the proper fiber optic cable(s) depending on your options.

(This is for a LHD MY04 Boxster - other years/models may vary)

post-2-1151692922_thumb.jpg

I do not know if having OBC on makes any difference. It is simple enough to do - in two places - DME and instrument cluster.

You can't code/change anything unless the model code is the DME.

You need the proper fiber optic cable(s) depending on your options.

(This is for a LHD MY04 Boxster - other years/models may vary)

post-2-1151692922_thumb.jpg

I do not know if having OBC on makes any difference. It is simple enough to do - in two places - DME and instrument cluster.

I think the fiber cable is good as they managed to enable the unit, the standard one in the car should work ie radio/PCM with amp not cd changer and not telephone. The OBC enable I would like them to do anyhow and this maybe it.

The car is back to the dealer on wednesday so we shall see. The good news is that because I bought the unit from a dealer it is covered by a warranty.

Thanks Loren

• 1 year later...
Hi - sorry to drag up this old thread, but i've just added rear speakers to my 2004 boxster (986) and have a similar problem (rear speakers not recognised: ie. no fader option)... did you have any luck with this ?

You need someone with either a PST2 or PIWIS to change the car type from 'Cabrio' to 'Coupe' in the PCM MMI settings. Yes I did get this to work...... You then get the fader to work on the sound settings and not just the balance.

Edited by Nick_USA