Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

p0327 Porsche fault code 210 - Knock sensor 1 please help

hey guys I need some help. I have a 2001 996tt with 19k miles on it. Beautiful, love the car but for some reason I can't keep boost? can only maintain .4 .5 bar at most. I checked all the boost hoses for leaks and already replaced the diverter valves (made no difference). I am sure its the knock sensor, either its broken or loose just not sure exactly what it looks like or its location on the engine. My durametric tool keeps bringing up p0327 Porsche fault code 210 - Knock sensor 1. I am assuming its on the drivers side but I don't want to start pulling off parts without knowing its location and if "fault code 210" is any thing specific like low voltage etc. I have been running 94 octane so i don't think its bad gas, and the car idles and revs like a charm so I don't thinks its plugs or coil packs. Any help pics diagrams etc. will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

First the repair manual is only talking about sensor removal/installation with the engine removed. I don't have any experience with this but the driver side one look easier to removed. The part# is 996-606-125-00 and it is about $79.00.

post-29683-1250794577_thumb.png post-29683-1250794585_thumb.png post-29683-1250794607_thumb.png post-29683-1250794619_thumb.png

post-29683-1250794593_thumb.png

thanks for the pics they were a big help, and sure as hell the harness that plugs into the knock sensor was all chewed up. No nest or droppings but the bugger chewed the end off right at the connector and now I need a new connector that has a short length of wire on it so I can patch into the cars harness. Do you know if that connector is commonly used in other electrical connections (like O2 sensor or crossreference numbers with vw cars, so I can cut of the sensor and just use plug) or if you can just get the plug any kind of info would be great thanks.

post-27027-1250830298_thumb.jpgpost-27027-1250830317_thumb.jpg

post-27027-1250830404_thumb.jpg

thanks guys but a local vw dealer helped me out big time. They removed the old wiring without destroying the original plug and matched up the original wire and made the plug like new again. Porsche said too bad so sad $200 for new harness just to use only the small plug. They also said the motor has to come down no other way to access it. Its impossible. So I guess I did the impossible and again recieved no help from my local dealer. But thank all of you for your help this website is such a great resource