Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Interior Lights Ng When Doors Open...

Frustrating thing that I just cannot seem to solve with 00' Boxster S.

Interior lights will not come on when the door(s) are opened. Once the key is inserted all works properly. Is a bit of a hassle at night obviously. Seems like a logic thing but I am hitting a wall with searches. Most suggest it's a dealer computer enabled delivery issue but other problems are said to co-exist with this cause and I just haven't seen them. The car has the all-in-one three-way interior light. Have solved every other issue since buying the car and hate to give in now...

Thanks

Don

Edited by DonMo

I've seen a couple of cars that have slipped into transit (energy-saving) mode for no apparent reason. If this is the case, you need to go to someone with a Porsche tester and get them to carry out the Sports Car Handover Routine in the Special Functions menu. This wakes up the system. You don't need any of the car's security codes in order to do this.

• Upvote 1

I've seen a couple of cars that have slipped into transit (energy-saving) mode for no apparent reason. If this is the case, you need to go to someone with a Porsche tester and get them to carry out the Sports Car Handover Routine in the Special Functions menu. This wakes up the system. You don't need any of the car's security codes in order to do this.

Thanks Richard. There is a high-end Porsche aftermarket service center quite nearby and I bet they have the computer to do so. Printed out your post to show them. Thanks!

Don in Sunny Los Angeles

• 2 years later...

Thats great news Wayne and Richard as I am taking my 99 C2 Cab into Porsche in a weeks time to check out 'Sports car handover' routine. No way can I get inside lights, (but can manually).. Door kerb lights and Gas door locking to function. Richard (YOO DA MAN) if this solves the problem.

Frustrating thing that I just cannot seem to solve with 00' Boxster S.

Interior lights will not come on when the door(s) are opened. Once the key is inserted all works properly. Is a bit of a hassle at night obviously. Seems like a logic thing but I am hitting a wall with searches. Most suggest it's a dealer computer enabled delivery issue but other problems are said to co-exist with this cause and I just haven't seen them. The car has the all-in-one three-way interior light. Have solved every other issue since buying the car and hate to give in now...

Thanks

Don

I have the same problem PLUS kerb lights and gas door locking also not working. Doesnt even come on if I put the key in ignition. On Richard Hamiltons advice, am taking mine in for the PST 2 test to Porsche Garage in Lancaster PA USA next week. Trust a good Brit to solve the problem. It worked for Wayne Dempsey's car. Hope it works for me. Been trying to resolve this for 18 months now and same as you 'will not give up'. Did the 'test' solve your problem? Mike

OK The problem was solved in 10 minutes. Now the gas door, inside lights and kerb door lights are all working as they should thanks to information gained from Richard Hamilton. Apparently the Alarm Modual which is located under the drivers seat had slipped back into 'transit mode'. This fault can be rectified by a Porsche tester pt2 or PIWIS tester inside the 'special menu' portion of the diagnosis. I had been trying to solve it on my own for almost 18 months. I believe that not a lot of people know this fix. Well now some more people do. One of those people is myself Thanks to Richard and Loren and others.