Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

Oil in coolant

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris_C

Chris_C

• Members
  • 29 posts
Neutral

Posted August 18, 2012 - 03:25 PM

Well.. i was really hoping i wouldnt have to write one of these posts... but based on past similar postings i did a days worth of poking around to see what was up... - There are Oil "Drops" in the coolant, it isnt a small amount - The car was losing coolant, one day the coolant light flipped on and thats what lead me to find it. There are no signs of coolant leaking? - Did a compression test, 160 - 170 across the board - Spark plugs are in great shape - Oil Cap is IMPOSSIBLE to remove while running. - The oil looks clean on the dipstick - i am going to drain it and see what the rest looks like Any thoughts are appreciated!

Edited by Chris_C, August 18, 2012 - 03:28 PM.

2000 911 Carrera
2005 BMW Z4

#2 JFP in PA

JFP in PA

• Moderators
  • 3,739 posts
Outstanding

Posted August 19, 2012 - 09:15 AM

Possible leak at the oil cooler, not uncommon.

JFP in PA

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." – Richard Phillips Feynman

#3 fpb111

fpb111

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 352 posts
Neutral

Posted August 19, 2012 - 04:05 PM

"- Oil Cap is IMPOSSIBLE to remove while running." sympton of failed AOS. oil and coolant get close in AOS.

2003 996 cab Arctic Silver/Metropol Blue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org