Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

trans oil change and transgo shift kit install.

Yesterday I installed a transgo shift kit while changing the oil in my 04 CS, It had hard shifts when cold and banging downshifts when hot. The oil that came out of the transmission was black with a redish tint and there wasnt much metal on the magnets. The shift kit install wasnt too hard to install, but I constantly thought it wasnt going to work right when i put it back together. After filling her up and reset the transmission, she shifts like a dream. She shifts so fast you cant even feel it. I was going to make a DIY post but it got to messy. Every time you take something off the transmission, fluid gushes out.  Ill throw some pics up when i get home.

• Thanks 1

That is great to hear!

I was also thinking about that when I had valve body problems. But I was afraid to do that, because of this 'REVMAX' post on Touareg forum:

I can GUARANTEE that it will NOT fix the problem and that no valve body rebuilding company will accept your core... That kit should be off the market, it destroys the linear solenoid valves...

However if this kit repaired your valve body, it can also help to others...

Keep us posted and post some pictures.

Yeah i read that post when i was researching it. Not to disrespect anyone but i dont believe posts from other manufacturers saying another manufacturers stuff is junk when there is no evidence or posts from other members backing it up. but time will tell.

here is a few of the pics, dirty magnets in the oil pan, valve body out, valve body apart, and old vs cleaned solenoid and the black oil out of the transfer case and dirty oil out of the transmission.

post-95249-0-55160700-1413319163_thumb.j

post-95249-0-31343100-1413319230_thumb.j

post-95249-0-16239400-1413319304_thumb.j

post-95249-0-35567400-1413319339_thumb.j

post-95249-0-21402700-1413319395_thumb.j

post-95249-0-54344100-1413319636_thumb.j

Edited by krunkymonkey
  • Upvote 1

Yeah i read that post when i was researching it. Not to disrespect anyone but i dont believe posts from other manufacturers saying another manufacturers stuff is junk when there is no evidence or posts from other members backing it up. but time will tell.

Totally agree.

Um really no need for a write up. Start durametric. Click what car you have. Click transmission then reset values? I don't remember exactly what it's named but it's reset something. It also could be clear something.

Edited by krunkymonkey

I love this post. I saw the kit on Amazon and it got me thinking. 

I too am suffering hard downshifts. My car stood for a long time and it seems to be going away but it still is there. Nevertheless i want to find a cheap solution to this problem.

I will try to do the same without opening the solenoids, i am just going to clean them and put them back, new gasket and Aisin transmission oil. Plain and simple if that doesn't work i'll open them after all. I just want to give it a try. I've seen this trick work on other Aisin boxes.

I would do the solenoids also. They are easy compared to taking out the valve body. You just spin a drill bit that they give you in the bushing to make sure the piston slides smoothly. You can't really mess it up. I also used red line d3 fluid. I'm not exactly sure how much it help the shifting, but it has great reviews everywhere. Also step 4 on the valve body valve swap is pointing to the wrong location. It's two valves up. I'll post a pic if I can remember. If I haven't by the time you do the install send me a message to remind me

I'm unsure how on a vagcam and I'm currently trying to find one to borrow to see if I can code my turbo cluster.

Here are the corrected instructions. I'm unsure if all of the transgo instructions are wrong or that I just had a old kit. It's the same part just different views.

post-95249-141513137378_thumb.jpg

post-95249-141513138047_thumb.jpg

This seems difficult but doable. I'm sure i'll be back, when the valve body is on my table, with more questions. I'm going all the way. Worst case scenario is ending up buying another valve body at least i will be able to say that i have tried.