Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2000 Millenium Edition

I currently own a 2000 996 Coupe. It is a great car, no problems, just turned 50,000. At a show a few months ago I saw a 2000 Millenium Edition and became obsessed. I have done the homework, and other than the fact it basically has most every option available, and some maintenance problems around the polished wheels, I am wondering why I want it except that it is somewhat unique. I have seen two since that were for sale. Both showing low mileage but both looked like they were riden very hard, or someone changed the mileage, as they were much more worn and not near the condition of my car. Can someone either talk me out of my obession, or give me a clue where to find a very nice one for sale?

I currently own a 2000 996 Coupe. It is a great car, no problems, just turned 50,000. At a show a few months ago I saw a 2000 Millenium Edition and became obsessed. I have done the homework, and other than the fact it basically has most every option available, and some maintenance problems around the polished wheels, I am wondering why I want it except that it is somewhat unique. I have seen two since that were for sale. Both showing low mileage but both looked like they were riden very hard, or someone changed the mileage, as they were much more worn and not near the condition of my car. Can someone either talk me out of my obession, or give me a clue where to find a very nice one for sale?

I'm assuming these cars were not at a dealer. More often then not, a new set of tires, detailing, replacing the very basics like windshield wipers, and small broken parts makes a big difference. I woundn't discount them, but do your homework.

Edited by PeterC4

Hi,

I own a 2000 996 millennium edition. Mine has been used as a daily car since new (not just by me) and still looks fab. Its maybe because its a bit different that people look after it more, I don't know, my understanding is that a lot of these millennium editions were bought up by people who thought they may be a very valuable investment as they would become collectors items due to there only being 911 of them (individually numbered), and also due to the chromaflair violet colour and natural leather interior, both of which were unique to the car. So there are some cracking examples available.

The chrome alloys were also unique, and you are right, they are the biggest problem on the car. The chrome often flakes off through time leaving patches of red undercoat and make them look terrible. I have replaced mine with split rim gt3 alloys as my car also has a full gt3 kit.

The interior is either loved or hated by Porsche owners but I think it makes the car that bit different from others.

Most of them had every option installed, mine has absolutely everything I think including retro 70's pimp phone handset!

Hard to find any for sale but there was one here in the UK with 25 MILES on the clock, someone had garaged it since new as an investment and it was for sale for 75k!!!

Thanks for your input. Yes, I think it makes the diehards a little queasy that it is as plush as it is. On the two that I have seen, they both had wheel problems. It is funny, as I thought that they were simply chrome and looked for them from Porsche, who told me they are polished, but it looks like a chrome coating to me with the red under the chrome. I will continue to look, and if I see one in good condition I am willing to pay somewhat of a premium, by not 75K. Thanks again.

Hi,

I own a 2000 996 millennium edition. Mine has been used as a daily car since new (not just by me) and still looks fab. Its maybe because its a bit different that people look after it more, I don't know, my understanding is that a lot of these millennium editions were bought up by people who thought they may be a very valuable investment as they would become collectors items due to there only being 911 of them (individually numbered), and also due to the chromaflair violet colour and natural leather interior, both of which were unique to the car. So there are some cracking examples available.

The chrome alloys were also unique, and you are right, they are the biggest problem on the car. The chrome often flakes off through time leaving patches of red undercoat and make them look terrible. I have replaced mine with split rim gt3 alloys as my car also has a full gt3 kit.

The interior is either loved or hated by Porsche owners but I think it makes the car that bit different from others.

Most of them had every option installed, mine has absolutely everything I think including retro 70's pimp phone handset!

Hard to find any for sale but there was one here in the UK with 25 MILES on the clock, someone had garaged it since new as an investment and it was for sale for 75k!!!

Hi, I thought that I was the only one with the gt3 kit... includes gt3 seats and a S/C... I would love to see pics of your car and some of your mods: here is some of mine:

BTW: what makes this a cool car is the paint and the natural leather scheme...every event that I take this car to, people flock around it cause they thought they have seen it all, especially the violetchromaflair paint, it changes color as the day progresses. I think it is one of the most beautiful paint/interiors scheme in the 996. Mine is 520 of 911. But its not for everyones taste.

renn22.jpg

renn18.jpg

FLJ_3392z.jpg

IMG_1434mod.jpg

FLJ_4823z.jpg

Edited by RedRidge

Hi Redridge,

Mine is almost identical to yours - (in the pic with the GT3 split rim alloys) as I took the chromes off and replced them with the gt3 ones. I have yet to have someone in my car who doesnt like the interior. Yes, it is a matter of taste but I think its fab to have somehitng different. The exterior paint too makes it different from everyone elses.

You can get a good view of the purple in your track day pic. 90% of the time it just look sblack except in bright sunshine. I live in Scotland and we dont get much of that so it is pretty much black all the time.

Mine is 373 of 911. Only other difference I can see from your pics is that mine is an auto, and I also have the dodgy privacy handset for the phone though I am about to order the side panel so I can remove this.

Thanks for uploading your photos - great to speak to someone who has one - you are the first I have spoken to. I havent got any decent pics but will take some over the next week and post them.

Speak soon,

Lawskie