Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Bonnet/Hood inner panel

I remember many moons ago seeing an advert selling a plastic skin which fitted to the underside of the bonnet/hood to protect it when you closed it from any extruding luggage striking the outer skin. Has anyone tried one of these? any opinions?

Msindi, can you tell whether the material on "the shield" can be painted, or is it that slippery plastic? Also what did you use for window tint with your silver car. TIA ; )

I've had this for my Boxster for about a year and a half. Good quality product and well made, materials have held up very well. The black matches the rest of the trim innards of the front trunk and looks to be of similar, although thicker, material to that used around the battery. I bought it mainly to keep from putting dimples in the trunk lids if overpacked. It's about a 10 minute install (no tools required) for someone with absolutely no mechanical skills

The only problem I've heard with the product is it car wear away the paint around where the edge comes into contact with the paint. They might have fixed this since I bought. The last email address I have for them is DentWerks@aol.com, so you might want to ask Jim there if this is still a problem

I would buy the product again

Emailed Das Shild and got a reply:

"Mark,

Thank you for your interest in our liners. We are currently shipping parts from Switzerland. Total S&H is $65.(US) You may order on-line if you agree to the additional $40. charge for S&H. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance, and thank you for your inquery.

Sincerely,

Corrie L

Customer Service"

Does this mean the liner is made in Switzerland I wonder?

here's mine

I bought it from Suncoast, but it's made in LA I believe. Reason I bought from Suncoast was it's the same price, but since Suncoast is out of state (FL) no Tax and free shipping.

I think they fixed the paint damage around the edges. There is a lot of foam around and behind the shield so the plastic never really touches the car anymore.

Here's a link: http://www.dasschild.com

post-2-1074274294_thumb.jpg

Edited by Itzkirb