Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Gang,

I used lowered my 99 C2 Cabrio using Eibach springs. Lowered about 24 mm, and will be going for alignment tomorrow morning. Any toughts as to which specs to pick? USA Sport, ROW Standard, ROW Sport, or X74? Thank you

Izzy

Thanks Loren, will try it just that. I recently went to the Time Attack sponsored by EuroTuner at Road Atlanta and qualified, stock suspension and all-season tires. Now I got the lower suspension and will be mounting the new Falken Azenis RT615 for the track. Will be more fun, of course.

And yes, got the instruction on how to do install the springs from the site. It took me 5 hours, including dinner, and it was the first time I do it. The dealer quoted 6 hours.......So thanks again for keeping this site up!

Thanks Loren, will try it just that. I recently went to the Time Attack sponsored by EuroTuner at Road Atlanta and qualified, stock suspension and all-season tires. Now I got the lower suspension and will be mounting the new Falken Azenis RT615 for the track. Will be more fun, of course.

And yes, got the instruction on how to do install the springs from the site. It took me 5 hours, including dinner, and it was the first time I do it. The dealer quoted 6 hours.......So thanks again for keeping this site up!

Izzy - how's the car ride after the spring change ?

Did you change any other suspension components ?

I'd be interested to know !

David

David,

So far I only drove it to work and home twice (16 miles each diretion), but with lots of turns. Alignment this morning, and then will do more driving and highways.

But first impression with the Eibachs (about 70 miles) is WOW! Tracks very good, much less body roll during fast turns, and it feels very very stable. Big difference to stock US. Also, in city street driving, not bouncy or "bucking". I had to look for manhole covers to run over to see if I could feel any difference, and can only say that I did not see any deterioration in ride quality. And it is very straight.

I have no other changes to the car in suspension. Will let you know how it goes after alignment, got a quick run to golf course later today, and a country drive home. On track 9/11, will report back with how it feels.

I am sorry I didn't do it sooner, had the springs in the garage all summer. Also a not a hard DIY.

Izzy

I too have the Azenis RT 615 tires and wait until they lose their mold grease. You will have fun! B) My alignment spec is as per my suspension (RoW M030), but with about -1 of camber up front. No complaints here (just wish the roads were smoother!). :drive: