Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Passenger Mirror no longer points to curb...

Hello Folks, hoping you can help with something.

Used to be, when I put my 2001 Boxster S in reverse to park, the passenger side rear-view mirror would automatically point to the curb to help me avoid scratching my rims.

I replaced my battery and noticed soon after that the mirror no longer does that. The mirror does respond to the positioning controls, so I know it's not a burnt out motor or anything of that nature.

Did my battery replacement reset something in the computer?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

~Rob

You will have to take your car back to the Porsche Dealer to have them go into your computer and change the option code. If you do not have a read out on your outside temp gage they can turn that on also with some other options.

This may be as easy as reprograming your power seat memory while the car is stopped. On our '02 Carrera with the 6 way seats with memory if you reprogram your memory while stopped the passenger side rear view mirror will tilt down when the car is in reverse. If you reprogram the seat memory with the car in motion the mirror will not tilt down.

• Moderators
This may be as easy as reprograming your power seat memory while the car is stopped. On our '02 Carrera with the 6 way seats with memory if you reprogram your memory while stopped the passenger side rear view mirror will tilt down when the car is in reverse. If you reprogram the seat memory with the car in motion the mirror will not tilt down.

If your car has the memory seat option, then simply reprogram the setting. To do that:

1. your key in the ignition and 'on', but not started. You can program 2 sets of adjustments, each activated by a different key.

2. set seat the way you like it.

3. Put car in reverse. (this is the action that tells the mirror to dip when in reverse)

4. push the 'key' button, and seat memory button '1' or '2' simultaneously to store settings.

Try this and see what happens.

• 10 months later...

If your car has the memory seat option, then simply reprogram the setting. To do that:

1. your key in the ignition and 'on', but not started. You can program 2 sets of adjustments, each activated by a different key.

2. set seat the way you like it.

3. Put car in reverse. (this is the action that tells the mirror to dip when in reverse)

4. push the 'key' button, and seat memory button '1' or '2' simultaneously to store settings.

Try this and see what happens.

This post may be geting old, but THANKS, since I had this problem and reprogramed it is seconds. I don't have a KEY button, but it works none the less with memory and user number buttons.

Bob