Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

center console delete

Hi, first post to this forum. Great tech info, I really appreciate everyone's input!

I installed the center console delete piece yesterday. I ordered it from my local dealer part #986-552-113-02-A10. I have an 02 911 Coupe. After it was installed, I was missing the small (maybe 3x4") pvc/plastic piece that should fit in front of the shifter boot to cover a hole in the center console. It was never in the box I got from Porsche. Can anyone tell me..was it supposed to be included with the console delete or does it need to be ordered as a separate item? If I order it separately, any chance someone might have the Porsche part # for me?

By the way, I really recommend this mod if you are at all bothered by the section between the dash and the center console containing the cd holder and in my case a blank space. It really got in my way and now I'm much more comfortable and the cabin actually seems more spacious having that big piece removed. The console delete piece fit together really nicely and the carpet color matches perfectly.

Wow, thanks everybody. Perfect information. I will order the part right away before I drop quarters or pens down the hole! I really appreciate the quick reply because I was actually a little worried about this because I thought that the piece was probably supposed to have been included with the main part but was missing and thought I'd have to fight with the dealer about it.

How easy is it to remove just the centre console unit?

I'm 6' 7" tall and had my first drive in a 2000 996 C4 this week. I found that although the legroom was good, there wasn't quite enough room between my left leg and the steering wheel (RHD car) to turn the wheel without regularly knocking my knuckles on my knees. The independent dealer I visited noticed that the centre console sticks out more than the transmission tunnel and that my leg was resting on the console not the tunnel. So, I'll be removing my centre console when I find a 996 with the right spec.

When I find the right car I'll want to test drive it without the centre console to make doubly sure that its removal liberates enough room for me. Is it something I can do with a screwdriver alone? I only need to remove it temporarily, not fit the delete kit, and I don't care about the wires and airbag control unit it exposes.

Many thanks.

• 1 month later...

I've now got a 996 and have the front console removed. Now all I need is the GT3-delete trim in the right colour. My interior is Savannah / tan but my supplier tells me that his Porsche parts system lists the carpet piece (part #1 in Loren's exploded diagram) as only being available in 3 colours: black, dark grey and brown (T11). However, Carnewal's description of this item says it's "available in most factory carpet colors". Does anyone know what type of brown the code T11 is, or has anyone ordered this piece in a colour other than the above three?