Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Perfect Indoor Boxster Car cover for $35

So I grabed this Walmart car cover for a Compact Car on a whim just to see how it fit as I needed a cover.. It was $35 CAD so likely be cheaper for those of you in the USA.

The material is soft and it fits perfectly almost as though it's made for the car. It doesn't have the pockets for the mirrors, so I folded mine in, but overall it's almost the perfect length for the car. I would say it's maybe 4" too short, but overall it covers 100% of the car and doesn't touch the ground at all. For $35 it's seriously close enough. Here are some pics...

cover1.jpg

cover2.jpg

cover3.jpg

cover4.jpg

cover5.jpg

Snug as a bug in a rug...

universal covers are cheap, esp those that are single ply. if you just need it for indoor, it'll do the job fine.

for outdoor, you want something with either 3-4 ply or a really good thin material to block moisture and allow breathing.

be sure to clean the paint well by either washing or using a detail spray. dirty car should not be covered as the cover will scratch the paint easily. just fyi.

universal covers are cheap, esp those that are single ply. if you just need it for indoor, it'll do the job fine.

for outdoor, you want something with either 3-4 ply or a really good thin material to block moisture and allow breathing.

be sure to clean the paint well by either washing or using a detail spray. dirty car should not be covered as the cover will scratch the paint easily. just fyi.

Gentlemen.. The weather in southern maryland granted me to wax and detail my car yesterday of course as I attempt to wax I discovered I was out of wax so I headed to Advance auto where I get a discount. there I discovered a car cover for 20.00 17.00 for me with my discount. fits very nice for something to use for inside the garage. If you have pets, like cats who loves to lay on top of cars I took the advise in getting a cover just for the garage.

Thats eactly what that cover I put on my car is. Just indoor to keep the dust off for the winter and protect it as I wheel out the garbage and other things so it doesn't get scratched. Perfect for that. This one was espically perfect fitting for a boxster prob about 20 bux or so in your walmart.