Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Fault Code - PO 300, 301, 302, 303 & 306

Over 18 months of trouble free running of our '99 996 (127k on the clock), and today the car starts running like it has 2 cylinders rather than 6. Plugged in the reader and got the codes mentioned in the title. So thanks to the fault code listing on this site, I learned what I already knew . . . ie misfiring in cylinders 1, 2, 3 & 6.

I will start with the usual suspects this weekend and trouble shoot the ignition system.

I did not have the car running when I read the codes. Should I try that to see if I get a more precise indication of the problem??

Of course any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated.

TIA

Marc

Edited by marcesq

• Admin

These could be damaging to the TWC if your CEL is flashing - so keep that in mind.

A car with a flashing CEL should not be run or driven.

Recent refueling? bad fuel?

Any recent work - like spark plug replacement?

If so, check for cracked coils or poorly connected cable/coils.

Any smoke from the exhaust - like oil burning?

Recent refueling? bad fuel?

Any recent work - like spark plug replacement?

If so, check for cracked coils or poorly connected cable/coils.

Any smoke from the exhaust - like oil burning?

Thankyou.

Refueled right before problem, drove about 15 miles and then problem started.

No recent work

No oil, or anything else, coming from exhaust.

I didn't have time to work on it this weekend, but will start with replacing the fuel filter, then deal with a full tank of gas.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Ok, it's been a long cold winter. Changed the fuel filter and drained the tank. Added 4 gallons of fresh gas and no change.

Symptoms . . . to start car pedal needs to be depressed about 1/2 way. The car will not idle. If the pedal is release it die after hard "chugging" for about 10 seconds. After starting if I keep the car over 3000 rpms it will keep running but not smoothly.

Any thoughts?? where I should start.

Thank you.

Marc