Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi,

I got the quote from Weissach for the RUF pedals.

$299 USD + $100 USD(Footrest) + $20 USD(shipping) = $410 USD

And I also got the quote from Carnewal for $290 EURO(shipping included) = $375 USD.

Look like just small difference. Do you think it is worthy for extra $35 to get RUF mark? I never seen any of those pedals. Can someone tell me if they are identical except the "RUF" mark?

If you were me, which one you will go for?

Edited by jimmy1117

I have the ones from Carnewal--very high quality. Although I've never seen the RUF ones in person, in pictures (from other cars, and on the Weissach website) they look identical except the logo. I heard (forget where) they are made by the same company.

The $44 difference (check your math! :D ) doesn't seem worth it to me.

post-2-1077051378_thumb.jpg

I think either is fine...the one thing I like about the RUF more is that the dead pedal does not have a 'missing' rubber-dot line like above...check my sig for pics of the RUFs...Any other day Id go for Gerts but the current exchange rate really sux!! (I think RUF must have lowered their price too cause if I remeber I paid 480 Euro for mine shippied from RUF Gmbh in Germany)

Don't know about Gert's pedals (they're made from the same mfr as RUFs). Weissach sends a drill bit along with the screws with the pedals. Installation is fairly easy. I screwed the dead pedal right over the rubber one. The accelerator pedal is made of plastic so no problem drilling holes there. I have a Tip so I can't speak for the clutch, but the brake pedal is made out of some pretty hard metal. I removed the rubber and clamped the RUF pedal to my brake pedal with a couple of small "C" clamps. They i took the drill and used the pedal as a guide and drilled thru the brake pedal. No problems mounting. I assume Gert's would work the same way. Here's some pics of the RUF pedals mounted.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

standard.jpg

Jimmy ask for Andrew at Weissach.. tell him you want the February special... Free Shipping  $399 to your door... Get the RUFS!!! tell him I sent you!

Thank you very much. The quote I got was from Andrew Sampson($399 + $20 shipping). :angry: I got to ask him for the "FREE SHIPPING"

I will talk to him one more time and mention your name ($20 value) :)

Please keep me posted if you find any good deal on any other stuff. :cheers:

Edited by jimmy1117

I just got mine from Gert this afternoon with my PSS9 kit. The pedals look similar to the Ruf pedals but there are some minor differences.

• Ruf logo - obvious
  • Foot Rest has a side plate
  • Foot Rest is missing a line or two of rubber dots

Personally I was going to buy the Ruf but as I ordered the PSS9 kit I just bundled the order with Gert. The difference for me was AUD$400 vs AUD$550. Not worth the extra 30% odd increase for a couple of rubber dots, mounting screw and logo.

Regards

Arthur

hmmm tried to add an image but was not very successful.

Edited by ArthurK

copy of an email i sent to someone planning to install RUF pedals-

get a new drill bit from home depot, etc

i used a 4 mm bit

i got a titanium one from HD, cost 4-6 bucks or so

the gas and clutch (and i presume the dead pedal ,which i did not do) are plastic and are no problem to drill

the brake is a very hard metal and it is very hard to start the hole

another problem i had was marking where the holes should go

the gas is flat, but the brake and clutch have a little curvature to them, so you have alignment problems in 3 dimensions

perhaps you could try a pencil or marker, but i had no luck with the pens i tried

i ended up holding the pedal in place and starting the hole, then finshing the hole after taking away the pedal

i did end up being a little misaligned on the brake pedal as a result

this bothers me a lot since i am an anal retentive dentist

i will try and fix this sometime soon

you will also have some difficulty screwing the pedals in with the screw and nut

get a small socket wrench to hold the nut behind the pedal

needless to say the thing that complicates the installation the most is the fact that you are working in a cramped dark space below the steering wheel

use a flashlight, and be sure to remove your floormats and put down some newspaper to make the cleanup easier

new pedal installer's comments-

The installation was not what I expected. It took me 2 1/2 hours to do the pedals and foorest. The hardest part for me was screwing the bolts to the back of the pedals. Thanks to your titatinum bit tip, I didn't have any problems with the drilling. However, the bolts coming with the screws are so tiny that it took me a while to get all the bolts attached to the pedals. Like you said, there is not much room to work down there. Fortunately, I have a set of tiny toy-like plier and wrench that came really handy for this type of work. My fingers and hands were very sore afterward. I also use a small level like Skip (in Boulder) suggested to align the pedals. The double-sided tape definitely helped there. I taped the newspaper on top of the floor mat so there wasn't much to clean up afterward.

Aesthetically, the RUF pedals are definitely worth it. Performance wise, after a 500-miles trip, I would say they make a big difference in helping you control the rpm and make heel-toe shifting much easier.

my reply-

personally, i like the look without the dead pedal, but i really prefer the RUF pedals because the black rubber thingies break up the look of all that shiny metal

you must have missed my tip about putting the nut in a small socket wrench so that you can hold it down there while screwing in the screws

sorry i wasn't clearer on that point, it may have saved you some time

I have just finished installing my new Gert Aluminium pedals. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to do once you knew how to squeeze your body into the footwell. I am not a small bloke and I am currently feeling the pain in rib cage!

Gas pedal took a whole 2 minutes to install. Nice and easy.

Brake and clutch were very interesting. I left the original rubber pads on as guides to making certain that the holes were level after the marking and it also assisted in making the holes on the brake as it would not let the drill bit slip :)

I managed to get one screw on each of the brake and clutch pedals in 15 minutes, but the second screw on each pedal took me an hour to do. What a nightmare. Unfortunately it did not end there. I have a RHD car pedal set is for a LHD car. The problem here is that the footrest is totally different between the two cars!

Unfortunately the pedal cannot be mounted in its current state and needs to be machined. I hope my wife can convince some of the engineers at GM to make the alterations for me :) Gert was very helpful once again in offering to take the pedal back without any hesitation. I guess thats why so many people rave about his service. Not even a hint of wanting to shrug it off as my problem. Very appreciative of his action.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

The brake pedal is made of metal and has a ridge so the alum pedal will not sit flat - but will rock side-to-side. You take a small grinder and make it flat or put small washers/shims under the alum pedal before you bolt it down.