Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

3rd brake light fitment question

I'm interested in purchasing the clear/smoked LED 3rd brake light for my 2000 911. I know the light will fit within the recessed area of the car but will it also fit within the retractable spoiler? Are the brake lights both the same size or different? I'd like to replace both but want to make sure prior to ordering. Thanks in advance for your reply.

I'm interested in purchasing the clear/smoked LED 3rd brake light for my 2000 911. I know the light will fit within the recessed area of the car but will it also fit within the retractable spoiler? Are the brake lights both the same size or different? I'd like to replace both but want to make sure prior to ordering. Thanks in advance for your reply.

theye are the same

theye are the same

Are all those clear lights aftermarket parts, made in China?

theye are the same

Are all those clear lights aftermarket parts, made in China?

they are not made in china thet very good better than stock cuz it use led

The 997's all have clear/smoked 3rd brake lights. I don't know if the ones being offered are OEM or aftermarket.

Any idea which? Do they have clear or smoked?

I have recently purchased a clear one for my 996TT. Everything is the same and in my case a think it is of better quality than the OEM one! It certainly looks better too.

One word of warning though, if its of LED type (and they generally are) you will probably have to swap the contacts around in the contector (vehicle connector side) to get the correct polarity. It is a ***** to do, unless you want to cut the wires and solder, or take the polarising 'pip' off.