Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Changing out 996TT front end

I have been contemplating changing the frontend spoiler of my 996TT to more of the GT or Aero look. Yes, I have the wonderful bumperettes on my spoiler and would like to get rid of them. I looked at a site http://www.mashaw.com and found the front end I was searching for and the price sounded good.

"Here is our new 996 Turbo GT-2 front bumper for 996 Turbo and 2002 + 996.

Includes carbon front lip and grille screens Only $1475.00"

I just received a quote from a local Pcar dealership of $4400 just for the spoiler, plus a possible $4000 for paint/install. Ok, now I realize that the quote IS coming from a dealership...but what am I missing here? Does anyone have any experience with the Mashaw product line? Or for that matter, can anyone make some recommendations?

Thanks,

Wiz

I am in the middle of a front end change on a 03 TT coupe right now. I went with an xtrememotorcars front bumper. I found it on Ebay motors and emailed back and forth with Jeffrey at xtreme who was very helpful. Here are the issues so far, all of which Jeffrey warned me about: You may have to trim the frame horns at the ends as well as trimming the air ducts that lead back to the left and right radiators. The front end came without any mounting holes, so all those had to drilled. The temperature sensor that snaps into the stock grille will have to be relocated. My front end has a GT2 grille which has to be fitted. The bumper did not come with a lip. I may do this later as I am having problems scraping the stock front end on my drivewway. I paid $1895 for the front end and the GT2 grille, shipping included. I expect the body shop to charge $2000 to $2500 for their work. I hope that this is helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
I am in the middle of a front end change on a 03 TT coupe right now. I went with an xtrememotorcars front bumper. I found it on Ebay motors and emailed back and forth with Jeffrey at xtreme who was very helpful. Here are the issues so far, all of which Jeffrey warned me about: You may have to trim the frame horns at the ends as well as trimming the air ducts that lead back to the left and right radiators. The front end came without any mounting holes, so all those had to drilled. The temperature sensor that snaps into the stock grille will have to be relocated. My front end has a GT2 grille which has to be fitted. The bumper did not come with a lip. I may do this later as I am having problems scraping the stock front end on my drivewway. I paid $1895 for the front end and the GT2 grille, shipping included. I expect the body shop to charge $2000 to $2500 for their work. I hope that this is helpful.

I have a minor change frotspoiler. This is a lip from Sportec , www.sportec.ch.

My painter integrated it totally in the original front.

This is how it looks.

post-18880-1176921135_thumb.jpg