Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Moving the Convertible Top to the Service Position

Sorry, the author of this DIY has removed it from the site.

This is the support topic for the DIY Tutorial. Please post here if you have any questions or feedback.

Edited by Loren

• 3 weeks later...

Roger,

Many thanks for the DIY to gain access to the engine bay. I know its a simple thing for you veteran Boxster owners, but this kind of basic assistance gives a newbie owner like me the confidence to become more involved with maintenance and repair of my car. The hard work of people like you who post very comprehensive DIYs (with terrific pics, by the way!) really help folks like me to get a more complete level of enjoyment of Boxster ownership. Thanks to you I changed my air filter without a hitch and saved a bundle of money. Now I am ready to learn how to take on more significant maintenance and repair jobs in the future. Thanks again!

:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

This is an extremely easy DIY. I'd rate it a 1/10.

DISCLAIMER: If you screw up your car doing this or hurt yourself, it's your fault, not mine. DO NOT do this if you have a plastic window and it's below 50 degrees outside. You could split the plastic.

Please take heed to Roger's advice about not doing this when it's below 50 degrees. I bought my 2002 Boxster in early April , snap, went the plastic window. It was a little faded and was on my list of things to replace, I just wasn't planning on replacing it immediately. With the cost of just replacing the window verses the entire top, I opted for the top replacement. All told with cost of the top plus replacement, count on around $1,000. :o

I did a lot of research and was planning on doing the install my self but saw too many posts on this site and others that it is rather difficult. I opted to have it done and was glad I did. I isn't that difficult as far as mechanical, howerver it is an art and you need to do several to to get "it". I would compare it to buying the material for a suit and then making the suit on a sewing machine in your home.... but would you wear it in public?

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...