Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Litronic with a twist

Hey guys. I've been poking around thinking about the litronic upgrade (US MY99). I just realized that they're not bi-xenon. Yay yay, I'm behind the loop.

I found this site http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAc...ustom&ID=53

They offer xenon kits to retrofit existing lights.

Can you take one of these kits, and add them to the litronic upgrade to get bi-xenon? How about just getting two more sets and skip the litronic all together? Nothing in life is this easy, what am I missing? What kind of load does this put on the system.

Feel free to crack an egg of knowledge on me.

Thanks fellas

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?s...c=10247&hl=

Peep my HID thread. I did a H7 HID kit in my Boxster. H7 is H7 is H7. There is no such thing as made for Porsche H7 kit because H7 is not a Porsche design it's a universal light bulb they happen to be using. A lot of manufacturers use H7 in their design. Any ol HID kit will fit and work. Also as you can see in that thread guys even take OEM hid DS2 bulbs (from cars with HID's installed like an Audi or BMW) and just wired those in. The bulbs don't technically fit so you have to mess around with the little wire thing that holds the bulbs into the housing to make them even stay in there. Even those looked good and worked lol.. So basically just buy whatever the hell you want that is the cheapest. CQLight is 179 bux.. Had mine for 2 years now no probs.

I too have the H7 kit from CQ Light, it works well and I am happy with the quality of the parts too.

As Jim and few other have recommended the colour temperature of the light is critical to how they look, my car has the reflector style headlight housing so they look the part as well.

The general recommendattion is to stay between 4500-5000K light temperature, mine are 5000k and I am very glad that I did not go with the 6500k bulbs like I first thought, mine are noticably blue in colour and I think the 6500K bulbs would have been too blue for my liking.

Jim, 2 years now huh, are yours on all the time due to DRL?

BTW I just got the kit finally installed yesterday, man are they bright, the cutoff is factory perfect and in concert with the projector style lens look OEM. Now I am trying to figure out to disable the error messages returned by the OBC each time the car starts...

I too have the H7 kit from CQ Light, it works well and I am happy with the quality of the parts too.

As Jim and few other have recommended the colour temperature of the light is critical to how they look, my car has the reflector style headlight housing so they look the part as well.

The general recommendattion is to stay between 4500-5000K light temperature, mine are 5000k and I am very glad that I did not go with the 6500k bulbs like I first thought, mine are noticably blue in colour and I think the 6500K bulbs would have been too blue for my liking.

Jim, 2 years now huh, are yours on all the time due to DRL?

BTW I just got the kit finally installed yesterday, man are they bright, the cutoff is factory perfect and in concert with the projector style lens look OEM. Now I am trying to figure out to disable the error messages returned by the OBC each time the car starts...

In Canada all cars have DRL so my headlight are on when the car is on no matter what. Both my Jetta and boxster have CQLIght HID's in them and the Jetta my daily driver gets about 15k miles a year on it with the headlights on the whole way and they work just fine. The boxster doesn't get many miles a year so thats not really a good test to their quality but the jetta takes abuse and has them on all the time, they are just fine.

I think the actual question was more intended to be something like this:

can you run 2 sets of aftermarket hid at the same time. and this is actually a good question. now that i have my light gear lights installed, i no longer like the look of the fog lights. it would be sweet to run a set of hid for the fogs also. i'm thinking it might work since they don't get ignited at the same time. i dunno. these light kits are cheap enough now where one could run 2 or 3 sets. although that's lots of dead weight with all those ballasts etc...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have genuine Litronic headlights which of course are on the dip beam

I fitted these myself so they dont rise up on main beam

I have fitted HID kits to the main beam

But it took 3 sets of kits to get a kit which did not screw up the milometer and clock

UK e bay VISIONDP item 270490919248

E bay shop VD lighting and performance

Good luck

Dave

PS Mine are 6000k - best light and white

Edited by aviator at elstree