Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

squeaky clutch pedal

I have a 99 C2... my clutch was just replaced and I guess we forgot to fix the squeaky clutch pedal... doesn't squeak in the morning but after about 4-5 shifts you start hearing the squeak/groan every time you depress the clutch... the sound is coming from the pedal area..

does anybody know what is involved and the costs of parts and labour?

thx!

P.

Had the same issue in my boxster so if the c2 clutch pedal assem is anyway similar, You can take care of this with some grease, Just get on your back and under your dash, with a flashlight... Look at the clutch pedal assembly and you will see something that looks like a spring that fits into a sleeve, Thats where my squeak came from, the spring was scuffing the sleeve that shrouds the spring evertime i pressed the clutch pedal down, Just try coating the spring in grease and press the pedal down with your arm while your down there until the squeak is gone, apply more grease as needed.

you will see something that looks like a spring that fits into a sleeve, Just try coating the spring in grease

I'm curious as to why Porsche would specifically say not to lube this spring (at least for MY98/99):

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/show...age=2&pp=15

I've got a squeak coming from the pedal area, and I don't know if it's (1) the booster spring in its sleeve, (2) the pin where the booster spring assembly mounts, or (3) the bushings where the clutch pedal pivots.

Norm

2001 base Boxster, 5 spd

Edited by clickman

I'm curious as to why Porsche would specifically say not to lube this spring (at least for MY98/99):

I've been curious about this myself. Maybe they had a bad experience with grease when they were children.

Actually, I think I just figured it out and had to come back and edit my post from 2 minutes ago. Here's my explanation: Porsche decided that owners would not tolerate any dripping of fluid or grease onto driver's side floormat. How 'bout that reason?

Edited by wdonovan