Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

O2 Sensor Fault Codes

I own a 2001 Boxster S with 57756 miles on it. Received a fault code P0133 after reading with the Durametric tool, tried cleaning the probe, after that went nowhere I ending up replacing the both pre-cat O2 sensors with the Bosch OEM parts, now about a month later I am now receiving a P0133, P0153 and a P1275 code. Any idea what gives and what I should do next? As part of my 60k maintenance I will be replacing spark plugs and oil today and then will take to the dealer to do the rest.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
I own a 2001 Boxster S with 57756 miles on it. Received a fault code P0133 after reading with the Durametric tool, tried cleaning the probe, after that went nowhere I ending up replacing the both pre-cat O2 sensors with the Bosch OEM parts, now about a month later I am now receiving a P0133, P0153 and a P1275 code. Any idea what gives and what I should do next? As part of my 60k maintenance I will be replacing spark plugs and oil today and then will take to the dealer to do the rest.

Thanks!

I have a 2000 Boxster S (50,000 miles) with a similar problem. The CEL comes on about every 3000 miles. It always reads P0133 and P1275. This has been going on for at least the last 35000 miles. I have replaced the O2 sensors with OEM Bosch parts (I'm 100% certain the parts are correct) and replaced the mass air flow unit. Neither of these had any effect. Also, the standard 30,000 mile tuneup had no effect. Recently the engine speed at idle has become a little unsteady. Neither the dealer or the local independent Porsche shop can figure it out. I would love to hear some ideas about this.

I am getting codes p0131 p0151 p1130 p1128 p1124 p1126 on my 99 boxter..do you think it is the bank 1 sensor 1 or could my maf sensor be bad and causing all of the codes.Before i was getting bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1 codes.i cleaned my maf now all of the problems point to bank 1 sensor one...right?By the way bank 1 is the passenger side right?Thanks for your help

Edited by bjburgett976

• 3 weeks later...
If you have ohm'ed out the wiring to make sure it is good then try Porsche factory sensors.

Can you please explain the proper way to check the wiring? Are you saying to ohm out between the computer and the harness going to the sensor? Thanks!

I just got the CEL the other day, read the codes today and also got P0133 and P1275...

• Admin
If you have ohm'ed out the wiring to make sure it is good then try Porsche factory sensors.

Can you please explain the proper way to check the wiring? Are you saying to ohm out between the computer and the harness going to the sensor? Thanks!

I just got the CEL the other day, read the codes today and also got P0133 and P1275...

Your fault codes are different you will need a PST2 or PIWIS tester to regulator delay and the sensor-signal period.

If the wiring is ok - then you like need a new sensor.