Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 C2 Cab Leaking Condesate Water

I believe the lines are clogged because water sat in the foam condesate catch reservoir just below the dashboard all night. Can anyone tell me where the condesate lines are that I need to check for clogging????

Thanks.

I found the source of the leak. Pic is attached of the area under the passenger side dashboard (US). You can see drops of water coming from a quarter-size part with a gold screw in the center. I removed the screw and then tightened it back but the water still leaks from that are, especially with the A/C running. It appears to me that a gasket or something should be there. Can anyone confirm that????

post-20259-1181406158_thumb.jpg

Edited by g2saint

I believe the lines are clogged because water sat in the foam condesate catch reservoir just below the dashboard all night. Can anyone tell me where the condesate lines are that I need to check for clogging????

I found the source of the leak.

I think the leaking "gasket" may be secondary to the main problem - item #7 in Loren's drawing is probably stopped up below the junction of the A/C condensation drain.

Have you checked the passenger side drain under the hood for blockage? If not, remove the plastic covers over the battery and each side. Peek into the pasender side drain pan located to the front and right of the pollen filter and and look for a 1" rubber grommeted hole. Is it clear of leaves, etc.? If not, pull out all the debris and pour a pint of water into the area and see if it pours out freely under the front passenger side of the car.

If the water doesn't drain freely then you probably have one or more obstuctions inside the drain tube. I cleared mine by blowing the clogs out with compresed air. The backed up water acted as a plunger and shot a pile of crud to the ground. After that, the interior stopped smelling like wet dog and I've been trouble free since.

FWIW - I check both dash drain holes every six months as they tend to accumulate seed pods in the Spring and leaves every Fall.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

• 1 year later...

I've searched the site for quite a while but can't see instructions for accessing the AC drain pipe to clear it.

This is a UK/RHD C2 Cab and there is a little dampness just on the passenger (left) side. All other drains etc were checked/cleared already.

Do you access it from inside the cabin under the carpet or from under the car?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Thanks can see it now. It is on the left and quite different to the photo above. How do you clean it through?

I took off the small rubber elbow piece. It was attached to a long tube which runs along the inside of the car under the carpet and towards the back. I'm trying to avoid taking up the whole carpet.

• 3 months later...

Thanks.

I found the source of the leak. Pic is attached of the area under the passenger side dashboard (US). You can see drops of water coming from a quarter-size part with a gold screw in the center. I removed the screw and then tightened it back but the water still leaks from that are, especially with the A/C running. It appears to me that a gasket or something should be there. Can anyone confirm that????

I too have a water leak on passenger side floor. 2000 C2 Cab. Just picked up the car and drove in some heavy rain. The next day my travel mate took out the floor mat to shake off and there was a approx. 8" x 8" wet spot. Definately water. I poured some water down the passenger side drain hole next to the battery just now, and the water flowed freely. I was hoping it was a plugged drain, but that isn't it. You mentioned something about removing the dash to get at another possible source. Is this something a pretty non-mechanical person like myself should attempt?

I also have a dash button (for internally locking the car) that is recessed behind the dash, so I need to take it off for that issue as well.

Thanks for any help!

• 1 year later...