Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cruise Control Hack

I am looking for a "partner" to brainstorm on how to do the cruise control hack on a 996.

I think I have got all the spare parts needed for the OBC and cruise control hack, but is still missing a lot of informations about wiring and location on different circuits.

If someone with a workshop manual and a 996 :D would be interested it would be great. :help:

It has already been done on a Boxster by ED, so it should be possible to do also on a 996.

Thanks for any reply :clapping:

:drive:

• Admin

I traced Ed's work as it pertains to a Carrera and the wiring specified in Ed's post are the same for a MY2001 996. You should be able to use Ed's instructions as they are. The only difference will be that you will be running the 3 wires to the DME under the center console carpet to the rear of the car. Here is how you get to the DME.

cover_off.jpg

Is it the same location for a 996 Cab MY2001 ?

On my wiring diagram there is a switch called "clutch switch cruise control"

ED don´t see to mention anything about that in his hack.

That switch goes up to Connector IV pin 23. It looks to be a switch that disengage the cruise control if you press the clutch pedal down.

Edited by P.Viby

• Moderators
On my wiring diagram there is a switch called "clutch switch cruise control"

ED don´t see to mention anything about that in his hack.

That switch goes up to Connector IV pin 23.  It looks to be a switch that disengage the cruise control if you press the clutch pedal down.

In the US we have 2 switches on the clutch pedal. One for the starter interlock and the other for cruise control. For some reason even if our cars do not have cruise control the switch on the clutch for it is there. Get a flashlight and see if you have a switch. I doubt if you have the starter interlock switch as that is a North America 'safety' thing.