Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How many types of side skirt?

I've had a really good look on here and on the parts CD, and am a bit confused about how many styles of sideskirt there have been.

There are many references to the aerokit I and II, also the Aerokit Cup, but also "Carrera" skirts.

I know some are more rounded and others have a sharper fold, but how many styles actually are there?

I was of the belief there were only 2 - the one on the original GT3 and the one on the mark II - am I wrong?

Aerokit II seems to be 000 044 802 15

Carrera skirts seem to be 000 044 802 5

I can't find the aerokit I ones, and there also seems to be a "cup" aerokit...

Also (confusingly!) there are part numbers for the pair (eg 000 044 801 02) and then a part number for an individual skirt!?

Could anyone please put me out of my misery and tell me the different syles, and the assocaiated part numbers?

Thanks!

Edited by brucey

Hi Loren.

Mines an 02 C2. I have sideskirts and am trying to work out which ones they are.

Seemingly the carrera sideskirts are different from the aerokit ones???

I have worked this out by looking here:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...c996-detail.htm

and comparing the aerokits and carrera sideskirts.

regards

Edited by brucey

If they are factory then they should be Aerokit II sideskirts.

OK - had a look on the skirts and the PNs are:

996 559 984 70

and

996 559 983 70

Any ideas? maybe these are the elusive careera skirts?

thanks

• Admin

Part numbers change all the time and unless there was another reason to update the TSB Porsche rarely updates them for part number changes. I guess they assume their parts system will tell you the new part number when you place an order (which it usually does).

• 1 year later...

Hi Loren,

Not to beat a dead horse -- but I have a similar question.

I see "Carrera side skirts" at the top of this link. Do you know if they are exactly the same as the "Aero Kit II side skirts"?

http://www.gossettparts.com/display.cfm?st...mp;previous=yes

I'm about to buy a set and think I like the Carrera side skirts better -- but possibly they're the same thing and just look better in this photo.

Thanks so much for your help!

Mike

• Admin
Hi Loren,

I see "Carrera side skirts" at the top of this link. Do you know if they are exactly the same as the "Aero Kit II side skirts"?

I'm about to buy a set and think I like the Carrera side skirts better -- but possibly they're the same thing and just look better in this photo.

Mike

The side skirts differ for Aerokit Cup - MY99-01

and

Aerokit II - MY02-04

AND

Coupes and Cabs are slightly different.

So one size does not fit all.

Some what model and what year car do you have?

Hi Loren,

Mike

The side skirts differ for Aerokit Cup - MY99-01

and

Aerokit II - MY02-04

AND

Coupes and Cabs are slightly different.

So one size does not fit all.

Some what model and what year car do you have?

I thought I saw Aerokit II skirts on a 99 before... I believe they fit and they look more aggressive than the original skirts intended for the MY99-01 carreras... the only thing you will need to install to complete the look is a lip on the bottom of the front bumper...