Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I Still Can't Believe I Own It!

Hey guys,

Well after dreaming and drooling over the 911 since I was 16 years old, I finally bought one! I found a 2000 CPO C4 Cabriolet with 17k miles on it. Here are the details:

2000 Carrera 4 Cabriolet with Tip

Ocean Blue Metallic

Graphite Grey Full Leather Int

Supple Leather

Heated Front Seats

Xenon Headlights

Hard Top

The car really seems to have been well cared for, and I can't stop looking at it sitting in my garage! (or driving it for that matter, but it's going to rain today) :( My 3.5 year old is almost as much in love with the car as I am! He keeps telling me it's HIS Porsche!

My thanks to everyone for the excellent advice and help provided!

Edited by boxster bill

Great car. I have a 2000 C4 Cab and so does my business partner. both Blue, mine has a beige interior and his the grey. You will love the car, and the CPO is a great addition. How much longer is the CPO for? And if you don't mind saying, about what did you pay for it?

Great car. I have a 2000 C4 Cab and so does my business partner. both Blue, mine has a beige interior and his the grey. You will love the car, and the CPO is a great addition. How much longer is the CPO for? And if you don't mind saying, about what did you pay for it?

Hi, I have 24 months on the CPO warranty. I paid $40,500 for the car... Not sure how great a deal it was, but it was the best I could get them down to, and was less than a few other non CPO cars I was looking at on eBay and local...

Hi, I have 24 months on the CPO warranty.

I think the CPO counts for a lot. The coverage is reassuring, as well as the inspection it had to pass to permit the coverage. It also helps when talking to the service dept. to be able to say you bought it there in the same breath as your request.

Hope you enjoy it. One advantage of a cab is that you may be less driven to add louder mufflers. :-) Saves money all around.

Congrats. I have a son about the same age, and a daughter that is five. At those ages they both fit well in the back seats, and both absolutely love going for drives. Get the porsche car seat and you'll find that family outings in the car is just a blast!

Congrats! Sounds like my story. I too fell in love with the Porsche 911 when I was 16 and now almost 30 years later I final have one.

I think you made a good deal getting a car with only 17k and CPO with some nice options for 40.5k.

Good luck.

Congrats. I have a son about the same age, and a daughter that is five. At those ages they both fit well in the back seats, and both absolutely love going for drives. Get the porsche car seat and you'll find that family outings in the car is just a blast!

Thanks! WOW!!! The Porsche Junior Car Seat is expensive! I think I'll need to do some research on alternatives...

Congrats! Sounds like my story. I too fell in love with the Porsche 911 when I was 16 and now almost 30 years later I final have one.

I think you made a good deal getting a car with only 17k and CPO with some nice options for 40.5k.

Good luck.

Thanks, and love the Speed Yellow!

I just bought my first 911 too! kinda shocking im still in college and jsut 21.. im head over heels for this car!! its turning into a passion as time goes on and im thinking porsche tech school so i can work on my own cars! cant wait!

here are some pics and mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2796234/1

GT3 Aerokit with rear wing

Power, full leather memory seats

Champion Motorsport 3 piece RG5 18x8.5 Front and 18x11 rear with new Michellin Pilots

OE Porsche Litronic Headlights

$10,000 Music system customized for porsche by REUS www.reusaudio.com 4 Subwoofers inc Aidesign footbox www.aidesign.com

Fabspeed Exhaust System

Eclipse 6.5" touchscreen DVD and Navigation w/ Sirius satellite (installed by REUS)

Snaplock pedal Set

Full Carbon fiber interior including the upper & lower consoles, shifter, hand-brake, door armrest/pulls, and air vents are all carbon fiber

Hi, I have 24 months on the CPO warranty. I paid $40,500 for the car... Not sure how great a deal it was, but it was the best I could get them down to, and was less than a few other non CPO cars I was looking at on eBay and local...

That car would cost $55K in Canada....mind you everything costs more in Canada. Looks like a good deal to me given the mileage.