Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Windshield Wiper replacement

• Moderators

The wipers are unique. The passenger side has a curve to it and is a bit shorter.

I use the refills. I used the Bosch refills in the past but I have not seen them at the part stores in years.

If there is a Pep Boys where you live and you want to use refills then try these. You need 22" but there are 3 widths. The narrow 7 mm should be the one.

post-4-1187719563_thumb.jpg

I use the PIAA silicone wiper blades. Not sure if they are available in the US, but they work much better than the standard ones. Much smoother operation, eliminating any judder. After a while they build up a layer on the scren which gives a 'Rain-X' effect. Pricy, but worth it.

I got mine from Tire rack...buy one get one free....way better than stock BTW.

Get the Valeo model...here is the link:

Tirerack Valeo

You don't have an issue with the passenger side? Is a portion of the windshield missed because the passenger side blade is straight, not curved? --Brian

I don't know what you mean by straight...the Valeo blade fits the windshield like a glove and has a built in wind spoiler.

post-4605-1187802082_thumb.jpg

Edited by wross996TT

I got mine from Tire rack...buy one get one free....way better than stock BTW.

Get the Valeo model...here is the link:

Tirerack Valeo

You don't have an issue with the passenger side? Is a portion of the windshield missed because the passenger side blade is straight, not curved? --Brian

I don't know what you mean by straight...the Valeo blade fits the windshield like a glove and has a built in wind spoiler.

Well, that answers that question. But for academic purposes, this is what I meant by straight vs. curved:

Straight (driver's side):

post-6002-1187887450_thumb.jpg

Curved (passenger's side):

post-6002-1187887463_thumb.jpg

How much handling prowess do you think is lost in making the switch to a straight blade on the passenger side, and do you think it can be made up by installing a front strut tower brace?

In all seriousness, though, do you have to select a shorter passenger side blade to avoid it hitting the plastic trim at the base of the wideshield, on the lower right in the photo above?

The Valeo looks good. It isn't silicone though - shame.

Not sure that silicone would be inherently the best material. Most of these expensive blades are multi-compounded, too. FWIW.

--Brian

Well folks...I misunderstood you curved description, but got it now. The only comment I have is the valeo blade works great, looks much better than stock (cleaner looking too) and is easy to install. You order the blade specifically for your car make and model.