Jump to content

The RennTech.org community is Member supported!  Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating.
Click here to Donate

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys

What type of helmet for DE events?

Buy an SA2005 rated helmet. PCA chapters allow SA2000 or M2000 or higher rating, but 2005 is the current rating. SA is for auto racing; M rating is for motorcycles. If you buy an SA rated helmet with a 2005 rating, you'll be set for any auto event for the next several years. You can get a great full face helmet for under $400.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Guys

What type of helmet for DE events?

Must be a SA2005 for my PCA Zone/Region. I use an open face helmet for AX events. I find them to offer a bit more peripheral vision, lighter and cooler. Pyrotect has a nice SA2005 O/F for less than $150 if you just need a minimal helmet.

Have fun and be safe!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the UCR region of the PCA, you can use an M or SA 2000, but it's recommend that you get an SA2005 so that you don't risk being excluded from events with other regions. I got a Pyrotect SA2005 full-face from Apex (rennlist sponsor who offers a 10% discount to all rennlisters) for $248 (-10%) included free shipping and a helmet bag and cotton balaclava. Not affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.