Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Price Check Please

Hi All,

I'm looking at a 2006 Boxster S, and would appreciate an idea where I should be price-wise.

16500 miles

Preferred Package

Leather Sport Seats

Climate Control

Red Guages / Belts

Painted Center Console

Chrome Exhaust Pipe

Windstop

Carfax is clean; one-owner. It's a CPO car from a Porsche dealer. Looks like it was sold originally in Jan 2006, so if I'm following the CPO warranty properly, it should be covered until Jan 2012.

Asking price is $48k.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Endaar

• 2 months later...
Hi All,

I'm looking at a 2006 Boxster S, and would appreciate an idea where I should be price-wise.

16500 miles

Preferred Package

Leather Sport Seats

Climate Control

Red Guages / Belts

Painted Center Console

Chrome Exhaust Pipe

Windstop

Carfax is clean; one-owner. It's a CPO car from a Porsche dealer. Looks like it was sold originally in Jan 2006, so if I'm following the CPO warranty properly, it should be covered until Jan 2012.

Asking price is $48k.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Endaar

Endaar:

There's a guy over on PPBB.COM named "Abe Evrens" who has been doing some heavy duty looking at 2006 and 2007 Boxsters and "S" models over the last few weeks.

Here are some of the comments he posted about what he found:

"Three choices but leaning toward one:

06S Boxster – 6,800 miles, with CPO, fully fully loaded, $46,000 USD

07S boxster- new, well equipped at $64k MSRP (GT Silver paint $3450-nice but I wouldn’t have paid) - $57k

07 Boxster base- new, fairly well equipped, no xenons at: $48,1k

I am leaning toward the 06S- with all the toys and the CPO! Any thoughts...

I have now a hold on an 07 S boxster and an 06S Boxster both with CPO and identical miles at 6k each.

Now there are a few issues i am trying to grapple with and need your help given that I have never owned a Boxster only the forum would know better than I.

07S- Price $50,500

xenons

19 inch carrera s rims

Leather sport seats

heated front seats

windstop

Mats

sport shifter

Porsche crest on head rest

Question: Does auto climate come standard on an 07S?

Does not have auto dim mirrors and rain sensors

06 Boxster S

Premium pack plus

windstop

sport shifter

electric seat package* not sure whether this has sport seats

By the way, he is in Canada, but he has been looking to buy at U.S. dealers only.

So, from what he has found, I agree that the car you are looking at is a tad high, especially in view of the mileage. I also agree that Boxster prices drop by a few thousand around here when there is snow on the ground or approaching.

Also, you might want to look at Mike Focke's Boxster Pages, as he has a great article on buying a Boxster, with some very good insights. Here's the link: http://mike.focke.googlepages.com/mikespor...boxsterwebpages

Regards, Maurice.

• 2 weeks later...