Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

One reason I bought a Porsche

Greetings:

I presently own a 2004 525I BMW and a 2006 977S Coupe. The BMW was $48,050 sticker, with crappy leather .My brother owns a 2005 Boxster. What a cool, tight automobile ! Honestly, I've been ragging on the BMW forums about the poor quality of the E60 and the multiple problems everyone seems to have with it. Being in the same price bracket, the fit finish and driving experience of the Boxster is supreme compared to the 5 series BMW. What a difference. The build quality, fit finish and driving experince of the 997 is nothing but fantastic. The legend lives on. When I bought my Porsche along with the great car came history..( ya... Hitler was involved with Porsche but I'm a germanophyllie anyways (sp) ).I'll never again buy a BMW. Period. Overrated, oversold & over- advertised. BMW is the " Ultimate Breakdown Machine ". First time shame on them, second time shame on me... not likely!

Chromedome, North County San Diego.

Greetings:

I presently own a 2004 525I BMW and a 2006 977S Coupe. The BMW was $48,050 sticker, with crappy leather .My brother owns a 2005 Boxster. What a cool, tight automobile ! Honestly, I've been ragging on the BMW forums about the poor quality of the E60 and the multiple problems everyone seems to have with it. Being in the same price bracket, the fit finish and driving experience of the Boxster is supreme compared to the 5 series BMW. What a difference. The build quality, fit finish and driving experince of the 997 is nothing but fantastic. The legend lives on. When I bought my Porsche along with the great car came history..( ya... Hitler was involved with Porsche but I'm a germanophyllie anyways (sp) ).I'll never again buy a BMW. Period. Overrated, oversold & over- advertised. BMW is the " Ultimate Breakdown Machine ". First time shame on them, second time shame on me... not likely!

Chromedome, North County San Diego.

Congrats on your Porsche. I have to agree with you. I had two BMW's. An early M6 and a E36 M3. They were great cars but had a lot of problems. I will never have any other sports car other than a Porsche (Although a Ferrari would be sweet!)

Cheers,

Phillipj

IMO the last great BMW built was a 1969 2002tii! (sorry I sold it when I was a dumb college kid).

Good luck with the 997...I took delivery on my 2007 Carrera 2S 3 months ago and we're having a blast!

It is a shame what has become of the german cars. I owned a VW Jetta and from day one the sunroof didn't work, and that was the start of the nightmare. My wife had a Passat and she liked driving it but what a piece of crap. And these were all new cars. The passat never drove right. When you started from a stop the car would hessitate then jerk forward. The VW shop told be it was turbo lag. Ya i laughed and said i can't believe you want me to believe that. Never did get it fixed and traded it in on a BMW 330CIC. 1000% better than a VW just as i expected! Now my wife is happier than ever and we all know how that makes our lives easier. Hopefully the BMW won't be any more unreliable than the VW. and judging by VW's recent ranking on the quality scale (Excellence, Sept issue) they came last out of like 37 car makers. Porsche first, Lexus second and Hyundai third. Shame we all have to learn the hard way but if you stick with Porsche you will come out ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on your 997S............and yes I think the S......makes the difference. I have owned two BMW's a 1993 M3 for my 17th Bday and a 2001 328i...both were nice driving machines, but not The Ultimate Driving Machine BMW advertises..........the M3 was so much fun but Porsche is Porsche is Porsche!...and to me Porsche is and will always be THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE.......Drive it, drive hard, and dont be afraid to drive it harder....its a Porsche!

Cheers

-Z