Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Trafficpro Install Problems

Recently acquired one of the TrafficPo's. Started trying to do the install and ran into a road block. The antenna installation is the culprit. I have popped off the security cover in the center of the defrosters, but cannot seem to find the avenue for routing the connector and lead. This area seems to be tight as a drum, with no room to get anything down into the dash.

Does anyone have any helpful hints? I have read posts that others did not have to take off the defroster covers and A trim as per the Porsche TSB. Frankly, I am at a loss as to how to route this without taking that stuff off.

If this is required, what is the easiest way to get the defroster covers off, as they seem to be really in there tight. I am afraid I will snap something.

HELP!!!!

I fitted a traffic pro not so long ago. Thought Id leave the install of the aerial for another day. However there are good instructions I obatined from Loren-maybe he can send you the TSB he sent me.

There is an easier way to relocate the aerial I may do in the summer. This is to pass it through the same grommett that the CD player lead enters the car. This would mean you could have the aerial in the front of the car by the cd player, battery etc. At the moment my aerial just sits in the tray below the traffic pro-works fine there!

To put it by the windscreen you may well have to take out the defroster trim-it certainly looks like that on the TSB that Loren sent me. This trim just snaps out but you need to note that:

1. If you have a coupe/targa, the A pillar trim and side vents need to be removed to get the defroster trim off. Be very careful with the leather when you snap this out.

2. If this defroster panelling is the original trim you will break off some of the plastic snappers no matter how careful you are! I was going to change mine anyway so it didnt matter. However, i left the snapped off tabs in their holder by accident and had to redo the whole thing again when i thought I had finished :angry:

I think after this it is fairly straight forward youll be glad to hear.

Its only because of the initial messing around with trim, is why I thought I would just go the CD player opening route. Far easier IMHO. I dont fancy taking it all apart again.

Finally, if you dont get any sound coming through your speakers, it will be because the power supply to the traffic pro is different from the OEM radio you have. I have a thread in this forum which shows how to get around this problem-easy when you know how.

Good Luck

(PS Dont forget to ask Loren for the TSB)

Edited by netrophile