Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Ipod through Cd changer RCA plugs

Okay so...

I have an 01 Boxster S RoW RHD with the cdr22, but I have no cd changer, can I just connect the ipod to the cd changer rca's or does the cd changer input only work when the other control cable is connected. I don't want to start leading cable into the cabin if it ain't gonna work!!!

Cheers

Johnny

• 1 month later...
Okay so...

I have an 01 Boxster S RoW RHD with the cdr22, but I have no cd changer, can I just connect the ipod to the cd changer rca's or does the cd changer input only work when the other control cable is connected. I don't want to start leading cable into the cabin if it ain't gonna work!!!

Cheers

Johnny

check this out...

http://www.bombaydigital.com/boxster/projects/ipod/

I can't recall all the details, but I purchased a wire adapter that plugged into the back of the radio and to the iPod that would work perfectly. I don't think that RCA were even needed. $20-30. I didn't use it and returned it because I have a CD changer and would have to unplug the changer to plug in the iPod adapter.........I felt the changer was more valuable to me. I have an adapter in my other car for the iPod and I dont' drive the Boxster as much.

Go to Becker Auto Sound at www.beckerautosound.com. Here's a pdf that will assist you. http://www.beckerautosound.com/pdf_guides/...0directions.pdf

Good luck.

You can purchase a cable from Becker for $150 that will connect from dock of ipod to cd cahanger input on the cdr220 . This cable will also power the ipod (switched with Ignition) . Expensive since it is designed for Ferrari and hence Ferrari pricing!

Alternatively you can buy a cable from PIE see link (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=993) which will require its own power supply . See my posts (Tagger since I am ready to publish a Phd on this subject!) regarding some of the headaches I am having with this set up!!! It has been done without problems by others. In this case you will need to buy another cable from Becker to connect power via the accessory telephone cable.

If this does not make sense please feel free to message me. Thanks

The alternative is to look for a "Blaupunkt Apple iPod Interface" This cable has the same connectors as previous poster but has some intelligence in an electronic circuit. You can drive the iPod like a cd changer from the CDR-220

The Blaupunkt is compatible with all Beckers.

Here's one on the european Ebay: http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/APPLE-IPOD-INTERFA...1QQcmdZViewItem

And it will charge your ipod as well.

Edited by Koen De Poorter

I looked up my original correspondence wiht Becker Auto Sound.....

Is the BNA - 1319 - 116 the part needed to connect an MP3 player to a CR220?

Bob

Yes it is the kit. It comes with L and R female RCA inputs . You need to get male RCA to mini (3.5mm) plug adaptor.

The kit is $17.00

Tom Mitchell (of Becker)

Note...this kit will not power the iPod. But for $17 plus shipping, bring the iPod into the house to charge it up, or use an auto charger.

Okay so...

Cheers

Johnny

I think it needs to have the cd changer there and powered up for it to work. I have heard that it doesn't work if there is no cd in the changer but I haven't tried it without a cd in there yet. I leave in one cd and the changer thinks it is palying it, it even says says it's playing "track 5" etc., when listening to iphone/ipod via the cd changer rca cable.