Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Introduction... my '02 996 cab

Been lurking for a while, joined a month or so ago... so figured it was time to introduce myself and say thanks for all the long time contributors. A lot of good info here!

Will be adding AeroKit II side skirts, '03 GT2 front spoiler and TechArt Type III rear wing (supposed to arrive next week and then get painted) next week. Lucked out on a great deal on the rear wing so am doubly excited to get it on!

Past sports car was a 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, hated to sell it but after doing a bunch of suspension mods to it (final straw was replacing all the rubber and silicone filled rubber bushings). Drove like on rails but the ride from the passenger seat was punishing and thus the wife would not go on even short rides in it. Sad, only had 42k miles on it. Pic of it inserted below... Lot's of HP (just over 400 RWHP) but not much traction, definitely one thing I am enjoying about the 996!

All is good though, always wanted a Porsche and a cab is even better!

996-1.JPG

996-2.JPG

996-3.JPG

midlifezsig-.jpg

Welcome, I had 3- 300zx TT's, Judging by your sig, your from TwinTurbo.net. Your probably remember me as JuniorTT. Well welcome to the forum, you'll find alot of great resources here.

Yeah, I think I remember you from tt.net. I was quite active there up until selling my Z. Was definitely a sad day.... My wife loves the Porsche and no matter what any of the Z folks may say they cannot get past the fact: "Porsche, there is no substitute."

P car forums certainly are not as active and overwhelmingly a bunch of track rats (mean that in a good way). Too many Z owners seem to be getting to the point where they are young kids without the $$$ to have a sports car and thus are dragging them down to ricer status or worse. Definitely much more civil tone on the Porsche forums too!

Yeah i was the guy who was banned for sticking up for myself when the forum bullies aka forum owners friends would taunt me lol.

Well , what city are you in? If you in the LA area you can goto pcars.us and theres alot of meet information, Infact today is the outback steak house meet, had it afew months ago and we had 55 cars show up.

Yeah i was the guy who was banned for sticking up for myself when the forum bullies aka forum owners friends would taunt me lol.

Well , what city are you in? If you in the LA area you can goto pcars.us and theres alot of meet information, Infact today is the outback steak house meet, had it afew months ago and we had 55 cars show up.

A wee bit too far of a drive... I am in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Close to Ft. Worth...