Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Roof Rack Anchor Plates - Part Number?

Hi

I've been having trouble getting the screws out of the roof rack anchor plates under the flaps in the roof. Here's an older post, which showed I'm not alone on this!

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?s...c=5942&st=0

Anyway, have tried a few options, including screw extractors etc, but no luck. I now have partially drilled out screw holes which are of no use to me! I've now managed to remove the plate, unscrewing the bolt from underneath (above the headliner) with a plan that I would get the part number off it and buy 4 replacements and screw them back on.

I've attached a picture showing exactly what part I'm talking about.

Before I removed it...

post-19520-1191176612_thumb.jpg

Anchor plate removed...

post-19520-1191176529_thumb.jpg

But there's no part number printed on there, and I can't find a part number anywhere on the net, parts diagrams, etc. My dealer was no help on this at all.

Does anyone have any idea whether these are replaceable, and if so what is the part number? Grateful for any help.

Cheers

Greg

Try 996.559.729.00 bracket for flap (4 per car)

This picture might help to go along with the part number Loren posted.

Thanks Loren and slbates. Looks like its not the one I'm after unfortunately though. This seems to be just the plastic frame that holds the actual flap, while I need the solid metal base plate with the bolt that goes through the roof.

Have tried contacting a porsche breaker to see if I can get 4 of these from them. Might be my best bet.

Cheers

Greg

Have managed to track down 4 new base plates from www.porsch-apart.co.uk. I'll post the part number up once they arrive in case anyone else decides to go down the same route to fix this problem.

Cheers

Greg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Just received these. The part number is 996 504 911 00. Turned out cheaper than I had expected at €110 for 4 new plates including delivery.

Keggers, did you have to remove interior portion of headliner to fix the base plates and studs? Is the back washer needed to fix broken studs and base plates? Thanks in advance!

Peter

Just received these. The part number is 996 504 911 00. Turned out cheaper than I had expected at €110 for 4 new plates including delivery.

Keggers, did you have to remove interior portion of headliner to fix the base plates and studs? Is the back washer needed to fix broken studs and base plates? Thanks in advance!

Peter

Hi Peter

Yeah you do need to pull the headliner back to get access to unscrew them. You don't need to remove it completely. Just needs to be pulled back about an inch. The trim above the door just pulls off.

You need a large allen key to unbolt them (they are VERY tight) and then the plates just pull out from above. The new ones then go in. I used some silicone sealant to seal them and then you use the old bolt and washer from below to screw them back on.

Before the sealant dries fully and you fully tighten the bolts try putting on the roof rack to make sure they line up properly though.

Hope this helps.

Greg

Greg,

You obviously have been through my frustration as it sounds like many others have as well. Anyhow, I wanted to make sure I covered my bases before starting and I appreciate your help. Cheers!

Peter

Edited by peckel

• 5 months later...

This thread is a great resource for anyone that has been frustrated by Porsche's lack of forethought in this matter. I just ordered a couple plates from Sunset Imports in OR and they were not too expensive ($24.86 ea). I attached a couple pics. At this point, I just need to schedule the installation on a free weekend to get them in.

post-9516-0-51352300-1311252979_thumb.jp

post-9516-0-81816200-1311252988_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

I think Jose is meaning the hex nut inside the car under the headliner that is holding on the anchor plate. You can see the anchor plate and the bolt that goes inside the car in my second photo at the top.  I can't recall the size of the allen/hex key (it was 12 years ago, amazingly), but I do remember it was large.  Depends on your hand size (!), but it was probably about the thickness of my little finger.

Greg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Loren said:

It is a straight screw like shown in the photo.

post-9516-0-81816200-1311252988.jpg

I mean from the headliner side.  Three of my roof plate bracket need replacement. Unlucky all this happened to me.

• 2 months later...