Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

P0300 through P0303 error codes?

I finally was able to get the error codes scanned, and it looks like:

P0300, misfire, damaging to catalytic converter

P0301, misfire cylinder 1, damaging to catalytic converter

P0302, misfire cylinder 2, damaging to catalytic converter

P0303, misfire cylinder 3, damaging to catalytic converter

Interestingly enough, I usually get this CEL about once every week on the sunday or monday, and only when I first start the car while parked outside in the morning when it's very moist/dewy out.

Any thoughts on what I should replace/fix? I'm thinking either spark plugs, or spark plug wires...is there anything interesting to the fact that it's cylinder 1 through 3 only? Some specific part that covers only those cylinders?

I'm very experienced on other turbo cars, ie. eclipses/subarus/etc., but have done nothing but change the oil, and the air filter on this thing so far.

Thanks all.

I would start by checking the coil packs on the misfiring cylinders.

If the CEL is flashing (and I think it is) you should not be driving it or the cats will be damaged.

The CEL does not flash at all. Basically if I start my car in the morning when it's cold/dewey out, pretty much anytime before 9am, then the CEL will come on, and stay on solid...car sounds a little rough for about 30 seconds (if that even) then runs fine. Without clearing the CEL manually, it will shut off after about the 7th start of the car (when no longer cold)

If I wait to start the car until the afternoon and take something else to work, there's never any issue, and the CEL won't come on.

Is there a procedure on here for coil pack replacement? I'm getting alot of search results when I try "coil"

The coils packs sit on the end of the spark plug connectors. So you just remove a wheel and the heat plate over the spark plugs and inspect the coil packs for cracks or damage.

Okay, sounds good, I'll get under there Saturday morning. Stupid question...but, what's the order of the cylinders? It's saying 1 through 3, are those the drivers side?

Thanks.