Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Removing Lumbar Insert

I have a 99 C4 with opwer seats and from the option codes what appears to be a firmer lumbar insert (not power lumbar). This insert is killing my back, it pushes my mid-back out, is it possible to take the seat apart and remove it?

Reach between the seat back and the side bolsters

post-4600-1194296136_thumb.jpg

Should be able to move it a bit and remove the support, or moving it up or down for better confort. Some members have added foam as additional support as well.

Reach between the seat back and the side bolsters

post-4600-1194296136_thumb.jpg

Should be able to move it a bit and remove the support, or moving it up or down for better confort. Some members have added foam as additional support as well.

I couldn't feel any extra insert when I checked back there. It seems the extra support is built into the top pad of the seat back itself.

I had one of those pump up lumbar supports in there, and ended up pumping it up too much and breaking the clips that hold the seat back pad onto the wire frame. That whole back part will actually unclip from a wire frame that it's stretched on. At a number of points behind that back pad are small white clips that snap onto the wire backing....there are three or four along the top. You might try unclipping that back piece and going to a wrecking yard and buying a replacement from a wrecked car. If you unclip the top three or four clips, the whole back pad actually flops forward and you can gain access to whatever it is that's in there poking you in the back.....feel along the top for the snap clips...they're on there pretty tight.

When I broke the clips on mine, I replaced the back pad with another one from a wrecked car....just have to match the color, and mine was black...easy fix.