Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Revo Stage 1 Flash Upgrade

anyone have any experience with the revo stage 1 upgrade? is it worth the money?

thanks,

typhon

alright, couldn't get any feedback on the revo upgrade, so i took the plunge for the 5 hour trial. it's in the car as we speak. i will try to post as detailed a response as i can to help anyone else considering it. anyway, after the 5 hours, if i like it i have to dish out $899 to keep it. i'll let you know

typhon

post-24562-1194506381_thumb.jpg

anyone have any experience with the revo stage 1 upgrade? is it worth the money?

thanks,

typhon

Wow, $900 is a lot considering the real benefits are in turbo applicatons.

I don't know, but it seems like a cold air intake or sport auspuff would be better investment?

I've chipped VW 1.8T and 2.0T before and it's great for more boost, and the VW market only charges about $500.

Car looks great. :)

late night is best for this...
Ain't you afeard of them armadillos? Up here we have white tail deer, which can really mess up a midnight run.

since hurricane katrina, we don't have too much wild life. heck the bugs are just starting to come back. mosquitoes were the first ones. i think they would survive a nuclear attack.

typhon

before all of the yelling and sreaming, let me just say, "i'm not a professional driver and this was by no means a scientific controlled experiment." all i did was some very subjective racing...uuhh, driving against a buddy of mine before and after the install of the revo stage 1 software. we have done this before, so we know how our cars run against each other and how we drive against each other. there are no drag strip timeslips or any imperical data to go by, just real world driving. i'm not even going to mention what kind of car he drives, because i don't want this to turn into one of those x-car is faster than y-car, so you should have smoked him or he should have smoked you kind of debates.

o.k. here are my findings:

from dead stop:

before the revo: 911 leads off of the line by 1/2 car length.

after the revo: 911 leads off of the line by full car length.

am i getting better at hole shots or is it the revo...don't know.

from rolling starts: no appreciable difference from any speed, 30, 40, 50, etc.

top end wot:

before the revo: 170 mph

after the revo: 171 mph

i guess at a dragstrip, the 1/2 car jump out of the hole would probably help my time. as far as street driving, i don't know if it is $900 worth of difference. since i am not going to drag race the car, that little difference is not enough justification for me. the 1 mph difference on top doesn't do it either. a simple change in wind direction could account for that. i'm not convinced. i think i should probably get the cat bypass, headers and air intake done first and then get it mapped for those changes. that seems to make more sense for me.

now what i have noticed was some unusual wear on my left rear tire after the runs. i just had an alignment done and will get those figures and a photo of the tire. i will post that under a new thread, since it is not relative to this one.

hope this gives some insight on flash upgrades.

typhon