Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2003/2004 Porsche Sport Exhaust Sound Files

I just want to thank both Toolpants as well as Henry for working out a deal to help host the soundbits. I was able to find some space myself to post them so below are the links to all three files. There is a stock 2003/2004 Boxster S exhaust sound file as well as two files that have what the new Porsche Sport Exhaust sounds like. All files were made with the microphone at the same distance from the exhaust pipe. I only have 1900 miles on the car and exhaust and it is still getting louder and more agressive as it continues to break in.

2004 Boxster S - Standard Exhaust

2004 Boxster S - Factory Sport Exhaust Option 1

2004 Boxster S - Factory Sport Exhaust Option 2

Please let me know if these files don't work, this is the first time I have hosted anything myself. Enjoy!

A4EP

Great sound clips.  Can you clarify option 1 vs option 2?  This confirms my pitiful S exhaust sound...

I guess I labeled it incorrectly, there is no difference between "option 1" and "option 2" It is supposed to be "Porsche Sport Exhaust Option" Then the two different files. One is of the car starting and the other is just a little more reving. That is all

A4EP

That sounds awesome.. I have to ask, have you ever heard the GHL (I think you mentioned that you had) and what did you think of that?

Also, any resonance at any range?

Thanks for the sounds clips!  :D

I have head the GHL and I really like it but I would hate to have the resonance with it. I have also had random comments from people in my parking garage where the other Boxster S has the GHL that mine sounds meaner and better. This is from non Porsche enthusists. Take it for what it is worth.

I have recorded some new sound files and put them on my pathetic attempt of a webpage :) They are the exhaust under acceleration. Click the link below to get a list and description of each:

A4EP's 2004 Porsche Factory Sport Exhaust Information Page

This is indeed a more powerful throatier sound.

It might be more than I want in my residential neighborhood in the wee hours of the morning.

Are these sound files with the bypass valve rigged open?

, or

is this 'stock' bypass valve operation?

also, some folks have had good luck recording wheel and engine noise by mounting the microphone inside the trunk.

This is indeed a more powerful throatier sound.

It might be more than I want in my residential neighborhood in the wee hours of the morning.

Are these sound files with the bypass valve rigged open?

, or

is this 'stock' bypass valve operation?

also, some folks have had good luck recording wheel and engine noise by mounting the microphone inside the trunk.

Totally stock. Only thing is the cutout between 25-45 mph that is standard with the electronics was removed so it can only be shut off manually by depressing the switch on the dashboard.

A4EP

Can you record with the sound "on" and "off" via the switch position? By the way, thanks for the effort here, that is really helpful!

That is how all the sound files are recorded. There is a "Standard Exhaust" version of each example and a "Porsche Sport Exhaust" version of each sample.

A4EP