Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Leaking headlight washer

I have problem with a leaking headlight washer on my 2005 C2S. As soon as you fill the windscreen/headlight washer bottle the left hand side headlight washer starts to seep from the nozzle and doesn't stop until the low fluid warning comes on in the car.

both the headlight jets seem to work correctly when I wash the headlights, but the left hand side one will not stop seeping afterwards.

Any ideas of easy fixes or is this a book it into the garage job?

cheers

Csman

Sounds like a leaky nozzle - isn't that covered under warranty?

Loren, that is true, however, the guy appears to be in the UK and they do not get a 4 year from new warranty like we do in the US.

The nozzle is in two parts the tip which can be removed (unlikely to be this as its just a spray nozzle) and the lower stalk which comes up on operation part # 997 628 133 00.

To remove this and it does need the bumper removed:

Press both retaining lugs of spray nozzle together and remove it from front apron

Release quick connecting lock of water connection and pull away from the spray nozzle

Insert spray nozzle in front apron until it engages

Push water hose onto spray nozzle until it is felt to engage

Edited by Nick_USA

Hi,

Getting to the washer, you would need to take off the front bumper. That

is reason evough to get the work done under warrenty,

Paul

Thanks gents,

As the bumper will need to be removed I will have a go at getting this doen under warrenty but don't hod out much hope with my UK dealer!

cheers

csman